2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG!

Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32789

Well, I decided to hunt a deep hollow with the steepest ridge sides i've ever hunted for my last hunt of the season. The best thing about this spot is I didn't need my 4 wheeler as it was right off the main road of the property. I went yesterday and it poured on me as I was finding ginseng everywhere, green, yellow, and everything in between. I didn't really even make a dent in this particular hollow yesterday. So, I went today to finish hunting it and it seemed to go on forever and straight up as I started at the bottom. I was hunting along the bottom and found an abundance of seng. Many young patches all the way up to really nice 4's. Then I got to the top and started along the steep ridge side and I must've spotted this beauty 50 yards away and knew it was special right away. At first I thought it was just a really nice 4 prong and then I noticed it was that elusive 5 prong i've been waiting to find. My first ever! It was suppose to rain all afternoon but it didn't rain hardly a drop on me all afternoon. What an amazing end to the season! I hope everyone else had some awesome memories this season as well, and hope everyone gets top dollar for their hard work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32790

5 Prong!
Attachments:

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32791

5 prong root
Attachments:

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32792

What a way to close out the season, nice 5 prong!

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32793

yellow and wilted
Attachments:

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32794

Thanks lenno, I was so stoked to be lucky enough to find that! I was hoping the root was gonna be bigger but it's a nice root nevertheless. I'm definitely not complaining.

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32799

WildSpirit44, WOW!! I always heard rumors of the scarce 5 prong...never seen one before! That's amazing man!!! Congrats! I have always wanted to see one for myself. I am in awe....they do exist!!1 LOL... Very beautiful way to close this abundant season!

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32800

thanks smokiesanger, I saved the top, not sure what i'm gonna do with it. Right now it's in a mason jar of water..:lol:

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32801

Nice find! If it were me I would press that top and frame it ...

Randy

Re:Last hunt for the season yields a 5 PRONG! 9 years 6 months ago #32802

congratulations. must be nice lol.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 630 guests and no members online

Login