2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I think its a boy

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 4 months ago #33417

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

Hey ridgerunner... where u at brother? Im here In NC and the sang is still up everywhere here. I found 80 plants in 3 days. A lot of yellow ones but a ton of green ones still as well. I found 10 of those plants with nice ripe red berries still on them. I was shocked! But I don't foresee this staying this way here for much longer. Our frost is coming sooner than wanted... :(

where ya at in north carolina?? i pretty much live right on the tn- va line not to far from mtn city tn and shady valley tn.. i can be to west jefferson from my house in bout 30-45 mins...well i could prob still be digging to be honest, when we quit we were still digging about a lb a piece every trip this yr..but i take deer huntin way to serious and my patner cant go without me to most of the spots we hunt...im really good friends with a guy who has a logging business and 9 out of 10 farms he logs he gets me permission to sang hunt before they begin logging...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 4 months ago #33421

haywood county, Waynesville NC to be exact.... I always have hunted here. Id love go up north a little but there is some killer sang n spots here that nobody has seen since the days the Cherokees were in tepees...lol... no offense... just being goofy...

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 4 months ago #33424

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

haywood county, Waynesville NC to be exact.... I always have hunted here. Id love go up north a little but there is some killer sang n spots here that nobody has seen since the days the Cherokees were in tepees...lol... no offense... just being goofy...

stupid Va wont allow you to dig on national forest anymore or i would of had a record yr this yr..some of my best spots are on national forest that me and my dad and papaw have hunted for some yrs and now can't get on it and its huge you can get lost for days..we have always took care of the sang up there for 50 yrs or better and could go anyday and dig 2-3lbs a day green..been 9 yrs since we been on it.. and hard telling how many more yrs it will be now..One day tho

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 4 months ago #33478

ridgerunner wrote:

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

stupid Va wont allow you to dig on national forest anymore or i would of had a record yr this yr..some of my best spots are on national forest that me and my dad and papaw have hunted for some yrs and now can't get on it and its huge you can get lost for days..we have always took care of the sang up there for 50 yrs or better and could go anyday and dig 2-3lbs a day green..been 9 yrs since we been on it.. and hard telling how many more yrs it will be now..One day tho

ahhh..those were the days.... welcome to the new America....lol... I remember seeing sang just off the side of the road and digging it off a bank. Now you have to walk 20 miles to find a small patch. My property got dug out this year, by me and about 6 poachers I've chased off with a 12 guage... so..I truly understand your meaning sir.

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 4 months ago #33590

Well guys i still have the root no luck selling it so far was informed to be a true manroot the arms and legs must be on the main body and not the neck if any one knows of a buyer for this root let me know i will keep it refrigerated for a few more days then im just going to keep it either dryed or in a jar of legal moonshine thanks guys

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 1 month ago #34343

To funny..dont know if I could sell that one lol

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 1 month ago #34362

Welcome to the forum, Rich4289!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 469 guests and no members online

Login