2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strange things in the woods

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 10 months ago #3756

Buckeyefist, you seem to interseted in this line of thinking and I believe you're on the right track. I believe the authority on this subject is the Bible. However, I know it's hard to sift through for what you're looking for. So, if you want a fun and very very thought provoking read go to Amazon.com and order a book called,\" Illusions\" by Richard Bach. I promiss you, if you haven't read it already, it will not be a waste of your time.
By the way, it's a very simple book and you'll probably finish it in a couple of hours. you'll thank me later.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 10 months ago #3757

Will do J.

I was raised under the \"doctrine\" of the bible, and luckily I got my head screwed on straight before I was totally brainwashed. I agree that there is truth within its pages, but centuries of dogma, rigid rules, lies and assumptions has diluted its ability to be properly understood and passed on.

I always refer back to the opening lines of the Tao Teh Ching..............

\"The Tao that can be talked about is not the real Tao..............the way that can be described is not the real way......\"

Without an open mind, our perceptions are easily manipulated. Whenever someone says that they have discovered the end all be all to life, I am instantly leary and quietly move on.

Good luck in your travels Jchrisfos.

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 10 months ago #3767

In southern Indiana about a month ago the DNR got a very clear picture of a Mountain Lion. They printed the picture and a story of it in the paper.Makes a person a little more conscious of their surroundings while in the woods.

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 10 months ago #3768

Huntndig, I'd like to see that newspaper story. You don't know what county that was in do you? There was a story in the New Albany tribune (Floyd Co.) last year that people were reporting a large black cat in Harrison Co. One witness claimed that they saw it take down a deer.

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 10 months ago #3885

jchrisfos,the newspaper is the Bedford Times-Mail.The story of the moutain lion came from Greene County.That is getting close to home ain't it.I am in Orange County and there has been talk of a big Black Panther around here.You might be able to find that article on-line if you search for the paper.Bedford is in Lawerance County.I wish I would have saved that article it was a very clear picture of the cat, amazing and kind of scary.

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 10 months ago #3887

There is a goog article in Tri-State Outdoor News about the mountain lion with a good photo. Go to Tristateoutdoornews.com

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 7 months ago #4864

im in pike co. kentucky. ive never really seen anything unexplainable but did run up on a panther once. or atleast i guess it was a panther thats what ppl around here say it is. quite a few ppl have saw it and u can hear it scream quite often through the night. sounds just like a woman screaming. its a huge black cat stands about 3 to 4 feet tall. ive asked some game wardens and other ppl about it and if they have ever seen them and they act like im crazy that there is none of them around here. but ive saw it myself along with several ppl around me.

Re:Strange things in the woods 13 years 7 months ago #4896

I've never saw big foot or a mountain lion but, I'm still optimistic. LOL!! I've had the hair raise up on my neck alot in the woods but, I've only been truely terrified twice while in the woods. The first was I had hunted alittle to far and ran out of day light. I didn't have a flash light so I \"holed\" up for the night. I've slept countless nights in the \"Larual hotel\" with no problems. Anyways, I had walked past a big holler tree so I went back and crawled in. I actually fell right to sleep. Some time in the night something hit my boot (that was sticking out of the log) and when I opened my eyes it was pitch black out so I couldn't make out what it was. I raised my gun up and made a V with my feet and stuck the barrel between them. It was quiet for a real long time and I had almost went back to sleep (thinking I had dreamt it)when the log (it was a BIG log too) started to shake violently. I tried to pull my feet inside the log but, couldn't. The rotten bark was falling in my eyes and I couldn't see. I didn't want to go out and meet what ever it was in the dark but, when it started to break up the log I flipped. I shot my 7mm out the end. It either went silent or I went deaf but, everything stopped moving. Finally I got up the nerve to crawl out and when I did I put two more shots into the bushes. I then crawled to the biggest tree I could find and put my back to it. I then set fire to the leaves and got everything burning. I felt better but, still didn't sleep a wink. When it got light I had burnt about 2 acres (LOL!!) of leaves and brush. I couldn't find the first track of anything although I pretty much know it was a bear.

The other time I had been fishing and it was about dark and I was walking a trail on the river and the fog set in. It was a weird fog in that it was only about 5 foot off the ground. I could see over it but couldn't see the ground. This river is only assecible by boat and it's very secluded. I hadn't gone far and was tripping and fall over everything when I saw movement ahead of me. It wasn't quiet out of the fog but, I could tell it was bobbing up and down. It looked like a huge head of something. I took a step back and it went on. I started walking again and there it was. I could almost make out eyes and I thought for sure I was looking at big foot. All the sudden it went below the fog. I got a HUGE frog in my throat and didn't know if I should run, cry, pray, club myself todeath to save the pain I was sure to have inflicked apone me or what. I finally cleared the frog and yelled out some (not so nice words) telling \"it\" to leave. That's when it stood up again and said \"sorry dude, didn't mean to scare you\" I finally got my legs working and walked up to the MAN and this guy had been turkey hunting and was in a full guillie suit, and it looked just like hair. His face blackened out with paint, I mean the works. He said he didn't want anyone knowing his hunting spots and thought I was another turkey hunter and hoped I would just walk on by. Yeah, I about stroked out on that one. LOL!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Who's Online

We have 341 guests and no members online

Login