2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 2015 season starts now!

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36334

My wife wanted a look see at these plants, so I brought a good camera. Here's a few more pics. My camera case is in the pics for some scale.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36335

Deer got to a couple of them.
Attachments:

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36336

Here's a pic of this gorgeous sugar bush I worked this past Sunday. Not a plant in the place though.
Attachments:

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36337

OK, what in the world is this??? It's about 6-7' across and 20' up in the trees!
Attachments:

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36338

Big Boy!
Attachments:

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36339

Momma wants to come dig this one! :silly:
Attachments:

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36342

Maya,
Nice seng pics. Also that big mess of branches and leaves in that tree top looks like some kind of primate nest to me when I first saw it. I am not a primate expert by any means but have seen them many times on different TV programs. I Googled it to see if there were any examples that looked close to your pics.
What do you think? Maybe somebody's monkey got loose and is living in that woods. Who knows.
Latt

www.ucl.ac.uk/gashaka/monkey/

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36345

Maya,
Not sure if you have eagles there or not but their nests can be enormous.

Also, loving the pics! Keep them coming!

John B

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36346

I've seen eagle nests John B, not sure that it's that. They normally put them at the top of the canopy, this was at the bottom of it. What's really weird is most of the leaves were still green.

Latt, now that would be a new one for Vermont! The monkey would be hard pressed to make it through our winters, but it sure does look like what is on that site!

Re:2015 season starts now! 8 years 8 months ago #36347

I am with you Maya. Winters sure are tough there and it would be difficult to say the least for a primate to survive but who knows. I know there are a lot of people that have different Primates as pets and sometimes they get loose and never do come back. Who knows it maybe a baby Big Foot nest. lol . I have been in the woods most of my life. I have seen gigantic eagle nest, Squirrel nest and hawk nest and have never seen anything like that before.

It sure appears to be constructed and woven verses some branch(s) that got blow down from another tree and happened to land there.

I am sticking with my primate theory. It sure looks like a primate nest to me. Kind of far fetched though to say the least. It would be interesting to show that pic to a true primate expert to see what they say. If that nest is obtainable without too much trouble, I would love to see some pics perhaps with a zoom lens.

Maybe you could forward the pic to BFRO and see what they say.

www.bfro.net/

Latt

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Who's Online

We have 116 guests and no members online

Login