2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 2015 season starts now!

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36442

natureflixs wrote:

I had very few berries on my plants this year. Like 90% less. It is weird because in 15 years of growing I have never seen this. One thing I have noticed is less and less insects this year. I do a lot of macro video and photography so I am always out on my land looking for new subjects.



I've noticed less berries on this years plants as well...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36443

westernPaBilly wrote:

maya wrote:

That's a real good start!



I wonder what price that translates into for average unsorted sang that most of us dig ?


Ya, I wonder. I would make sure you have some older well dug ones and see what they offer for the lot. I would also dig only 10+yo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36444

westernPaBilly wrote:

natureflixs wrote:

I had very few berries on my plants this year. Like 90% less. It is weird because in 15 years of growing I have never seen this. One thing I have noticed is less and less insects this year. I do a lot of macro video and photography so I am always out on my land looking for new subjects.



I've noticed less berries on this years plants as well...


I've only seen the one I posted earlier as to light for the age/size. Others have been good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36445

like is it looking like this year is going to be better then last ? I can't see how for one reason the China stock tumbling.
I know there is a lot of talk here on the age,size, quality of root at selling time but everytime I've gone to sell mine there is very little to non existent examination of the roots. I guess the buyers in Pa. just aren't that picky or something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36447

We have seen a lot less berrys on scouting trips and also found some turning yellow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36450

steeltrapper79 wrote:

We have seen a lot less berrys on scouting trips and also found some turning yellow


haven't seen any yellow yet, which is a little surprising considering how dry it's been here and 3 weeks ago how wet it was here and at that same time seeing black cohosh dying because of the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36452

westernPaBilly wrote:

I know there is a lot of talk here on the age,size, quality of root at selling time but everytime I've gone to sell mine there is very little to non existent examination of the roots

..same here...those nit picker buyers I very skeptical of.usally those buyers are try to screw you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36455

Chieftain wrote:

westernPaBilly wrote:

I know there is a lot of talk here on the age,size, quality of root at selling time but everytime I've gone to sell mine there is very little to non existent examination of the roots

..same here...those nit picker buyers I very skeptical of.usally those buyers are try to screw you


yeah and one of the people I sale sang to are nit picking fur buyers but not when it comes to sang...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36456

Chieftain wrote:

westernPaBilly wrote:

I know there is a lot of talk here on the age,size, quality of root at selling time but everytime I've gone to sell mine there is very little to non existent examination of the roots

..same here...those nit picker buyers I very skeptical of.usally those buyers are try to screw you


yeah and one of the people I sale sang to are nit picking fur buyers but not when it comes to sang...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 season starts now! 2 years 3 months ago #36457

Looked at a patch close to home this morning, no red berries.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 126 guests and no members online