2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 5-prong picture

5-prong picture 13 years 10 months ago #3603

Yes, they do exist. I found this yesterday along with 3 other MONSTER ginseng plants that were 4 prongs. These plants were knee high on me and I am 6' 2\". I plan on visiting this site again in August!!

This is the 3rd 5-prong that I have ever found. I really think that they are just a freak of nature, because normally all the ones I have dug are not any older than the surounding 4-prongs and big 3-prongs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3608

Great pic. I have still never found one.

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3745

Nice one!!! I sure would like to find a big 5 prong you must have luck on your side to find three.

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3746

Are those small plants around that BEAST Virginia creeper or young 'sang?

VERY nice find, how exciting man.

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3747

Great shots! I have yet to find a 5-prong myself after all these years.

That's Creeper but I do see what I believe to be a 3 prong in that shot also.

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3755

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
This is the only 5 pronger that I have ever found 2 seasons back.
Attachments:

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3762

• richlee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How old and how much weight is your 5-prong ginseng root?

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3766

Great pictures General and Billy.Love to see pics of a great find. Its been years since I have found a five pronger good to know they still exist General! Hope its in a spot where you can leave it and go back year after year to see what it does. Wondering if it will come back up a five every year or will it come up a four prong next year.Hope you can take pics and let us know how it does down the road. What a beautiful plant, congradulations!!

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3770

huntndig wrote:

Great pictures General and Billy.Love to see pics of a great find. Its been years since I have found a five pronger good to know they still exist General! Hope its in a spot where you can leave it and go back year after year to see what it does. Wondering if it will come back up a five every year or will it come up a four prong next year.Hope you can take pics and let us know how it does down the road. What a beautiful plant, congradulations!!

I have transplanted a 5 prong before (2 years ago). I assumed that it would come back up a 4 prong, but the first year is was dormant and this spring it came up as a large 3 prong!!

If you look closely at Billy's picture yo will notice a prong that has 3 leaves on it. That is the \"extra\" prong that isn't supposed to be there. In the picture of my 5 prong you will notice a smaller prong sandwiched in on the left of the picture, this is the extra prong for this plant.

Two of the 3 5-prongs I have found have came from this same spot. It must be the rich, soft soil that is isolated in this particular spot. As I stated before I found two 4-prongs that were even larger than this huge 5-prong.

Re:5-prong picture 13 years 9 months ago #3771

buckeyefist wrote:

Are those small plants around that BEAST Virginia creeper or young 'sang?

VERY nice find, how exciting man.

If you look at the over-the-top view of the plant you can see sang in the upper right corner. For the underneath view, the lower left. There was plenty of Virginia creeper there also.

The large 4 and 5 prong (which were around 24 inches tall) were surrounded by many nice 3 and 4 prongs that were half their size.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and no members online

Login