2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: early start ?

Re:early start ? 2 years 2 months ago #36736

yeah am seeing plants in all different kinds of conditions. I don't think it's been this dry here since the big drought year of '88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:early start ? 2 years 2 months ago #36746

Just wanted to reach out to anyone in the Southern WV region. I was born and raised in Fayette County but currently live in Fulton County NY. I usually come in for a week or two every year to spend some time with my uncle digging ginseng. I usually come in the beginning of the season, but this year I was planning on going around the 18th. I'm getting nervous reading about some of the conditions in NY, PA, and OH. I was wondering if anyone in WV has been out scouting? If so, what do the woods look like? Is it going to be a short season? Thanks!

Re:early start ? 2 years 2 months ago #36749

I'd be more worried about the price Carl. (see the China stock market crash thread)

Re:early start ? 2 years 2 months ago #36750

I saw that. However, I am blessed and don't really need the money. My uncle has a rare muscle disorder which is taking it's toll on him slowly. So I am more interested in the fun and memories rather than the monetary value. He may not be able to go next year.

Re:early start ? 2 years 2 months ago #36756

You can't beat that Carl, best of luck to you and your uncle!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 96 guests and 2 members online