2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TylerCounty Season in PA/WV + pics included

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #36955

Ya...tomorrow I'm heading to the higher elevations...above 3000'. I know of a few brook trout ponds and some deep dark hollows. I'm hoping to do a little better higher up. This drought is about the worst in 20 years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #36961

Nice root Tyler! I saw a few yellowed plants, but I think they were getting to much light.

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #36999

Went to a damper spot I was hoping to hit a bit later in the season for a few hours this evening. Got 4 oz. Here are a few of the better ones.
Attachments:

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37032

Got out today and dug 1/2 lb. Found some better ones today including one 30+ yrs old. Also dug my largest bloodroot ever (3/4 oz.), pic in the bloodroot forum.
Attachments:

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37093

nice tyler, does it look as dry at the new location ?

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37094

Really, its an odd mix. There will be a few that you really have to twist the tops to get off, and yards away will be yellowed plants with the prongs already falling off, with the amount of shade being about the same.

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37101

I believe it, that's what I reported here last week, plants in all types of condition..

Re:Opening Day in Pa/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37103

It sure is odd. I've got a few more spots to hit in the PA Laurel Highlands in Fayette and Somerset that are under timber contracts. That should be a future post for beginners looking for mature timberland to hunt sang in. Timber companies are usually pretty easy going. I have gained access to areas I thought otherwise private, with a simple phone call to the timber or coal company.

Re:TylerCounty Season in PA/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37129

Nice looking roots.

It has been awful hot and dry here lately too. Last 9 days we have been in the 90's with little to no rain.

I saw some that were yellow on my hunt yesterday, just a few.

Hate yours is going down so fast. If we don't get some good rain soon ours may turn in earlier than usual here too.

TNhunter

Re:TylerCounty Season in PA/WV + pics included 8 years 6 months ago #37151

Sweet Tyler glad to c ur still going finally got rain here today things were starting to go down hill

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 82 guests and no members online

Login