2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ban on wild ginseng?

Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38978

I have been hearing rumors it is in the works....probably take a few years for it to happen. IF this happens, what do you all plan to do with your wild simulated? Hopefully we can still dig and sell it, but who knows. I am afraid they will say they cant tell the difference between wild and wild simulated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38979

lenno wrote:

I am afraid they will say they cant tell the difference between wild and wild simulated.

.. I think your right on in that thinking..I heard the same rumor last year..i also hear it was the way the Asians are going to try and monopolize the entire market.the rumor was if you wanted to grow or sell your product you would have to contact from them at a fee of course..glad I only heard this rumor once Len...hopefully a rumor is all it was...

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38980

Very interesting rumor, makes me nervous:S Do y'all have any more info or specifics on what you've been hearing?

Hillhopper

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38981

American Ginseng in Tennessee

Tennessee Ginseng Must Have Your Help!

The future of Wild Ginseng collecting for profit and pleasure in Tennessee depends on wise conservation. Please help guarantee its future by following wise collecting practices and obeying Tennessee's Ginseng Harvest and Dealer laws. In order for ginseng to survive in sufficient numbers to allow for continued collection, the plants need to produce and ripen their seeds before they are harvested. Allow young plants to grow and produce seed.

- See more at: tn.gov/environment/article/na-american-g...sthash.PWtEwij5.dpuf

Interesting article, you guys should check out. This is why I get so mad at people who dig out of season. A few irresponsible people can ruin this pasttime for a lot of good folks.

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38982

good article 44,,no Hopper I aint heard anymore since last year on that rumor..i heard that from a fellow out of china town in Chicago ..

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38983

My suggestion is to only spend your time with wild gensing. Wild brings the best price and the simulated comes in next but at a cheaper price. I personally don't think they or anyone can ever tell the difference. If they think they can monopolize the market then we can show them how we can monopolize the market also. We do not have to sell to them and they can't get it anywhere else. We should set and control the price because we are the ones out walking for miles and taking risks with the snakes,bears,bees,etc. There are a bazillion energy drinks alone out there now with gensing in it so american manufacturers are getting gensing from someone here in America to put into their drinks. Hey, after going without for a year then maybe they just might be wanting it bad enough to pay what price we set for them instead of the other way around. This has got to stop. Really, a foreign country telling us how much to charge for wild gensing. No men, it's time for us to tell them how much we are going to charge, take it or leave it.

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38985

I have heard the feds are going to ban the harvest and export of wild ginseng. The person told me it will probably take 3 or 4 years to get here, and then the ban would likely be in place for 3 to 5 years. I really cant say where I heard this from, but honestly it is from a pretty reliable source(big name in the ginseng world). In my opinion, These shows have brought too much attention to ginseng. I hope this rumor never happens, but I think everybody growing wild sim ginseng needs to think about how this could effect us if it does happen.

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #38986

Hillhopper wrote:

Very interesting rumor, makes me nervous:S Do y'all have any more info or specifics on what you've been hearing?

Hillhopper

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Keep all your receipts and expenses. What ever happens I'm sure you will be able to market your roots.

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 7 months ago #39003

I like your post. Sounds like a good business venture. I think a lot of us on this site should look to combine our efforts and establish and build a new market. We should tell the Chinese what they will pay, not the other way around.

Re:Ban on wild ginseng? 7 years 6 months ago #39042

I think they should up the age of roots harvested like here in Vt. At 5 years they are not spitting out many berries and that is not very wise conservation. There is a huge difference between 5 and 8 yo berry pods. Maybe not go up to 10 like here, but at least up the age a couple years.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 382 guests and no members online

Login