2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Where are all the pics?

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39200

It had a red berry or two on it and I planted them.

Had a decent root on it too. I counted 16 flats on the neck.

In heavy timber and a lot of shade it can sure take them a long time to go from 2 prongers to decent 3's.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39201

I found 4 plants where the tops had been browsed and the berries left.

I see that quite often. I wonder if deer don't like the berries so much.

This one had a nice wad of berries.. made it easy to spot even without most of it leaves.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39205

Nice TN! Thanks for sharing the pics, and glad you got out to enjoy it. Theres just something about watching them over a period of years and seeing how they develop... I sometimes find myself wondering what the ginseng will be like in 50 years in some of the areas that I've been watching over... Perhaps I'll be healthy enough to get to some of these areas in 25 years or so, but 50 is a stretch... lol

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39208

5prong...

In another 50 years I will be 105 !!!!

Still hunting ginseng ??? Good Lord Willing.

My home place here had 8-10 wild ginseng plants on it when I bought it... and now after several years of planting wild sim, and wild root red berries it literally has thousands of seng plants ranging from nice 3 prongs to 3 leafer babies...

It would be nice if you could see a fast forward of that... say what they would all look like in another 10 or 20 years.

TNHUnter

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39209

nice roots tn, love those long necks. In another 50 years I might still be sengin ,but it might not be here on earth, lol. I'm 36 and in pretty good shape, and those ridges seem to be getting steeper every season, love it though. Glad to hear you've got some healthy numbers of plants on your property. That could be a nice little nest egg for your kids one day.

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39210

nice seng there men..work all friggen weekend, two 14 hour days and 6 hours today to finish up ..may take a few days off now to recover...

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39216

Updated the photos that didn't upload!
Attachments:

Last Edit: by CarlM.

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39217

Hey TN I don't think they care for the berries but they sure love the leaves!

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39236

.....got 34 oz. this morning.dug some dandys...it was hot and humid .had to go get a cold beverage.

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39237

nice ones chief, lot better morning than I had. I went back to a place I didn't get through hunting last week. Hiked up the hollow and man it was steep. Looked great but didn't hold much ginseng strangely. I Fell stepping over a fallen tree and cut my arm on the way out, and dug about 7 roots, lol. Sometimes the mountain just kicks your butt. Don't know till you go though, risk/reward.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 333 guests and no members online

Login