2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Me and the gnome are still at it

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39297

braided tree
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39312

nice looking trees....

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39314

Nice trees for sure and some nice seng too. The things you see in the deep woods.

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39318

thanks guys, you never know what you're gonna see out there. I know one thing for sure, that ginsengin will put you in some gnarly places. I'm still just crazy enough to get in there with it. It's funny though the places you go thinking surely no one else would be crazy enough to go, and you look down and see a beer can or water bottle, lol. You think to yourself how in the world did someone else find this exact spot. It's kind of mind boggling.

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39327

I found one of those trees just like that a few months ago, I looked at it as a vine at the time I think. These\"gnarly places\" as you're saying they very remote or hard to through or both ?

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39330

pabilly, I think it probably is technically a vine. Most of the vines I usually run in to are wild grape vines, and this vine seemed to be more tree like. Not sure what the name for it is, just thought it looked neat. Most places I go are pretty remote, usually by 4 wheeler or hike in on foot. A friend of ours has roughly 1,000 acres of land, so very fortunate in that regard. Although not all of it is ginseng habitable it has some very nice pockets through out it, and that's what takes me to the back woods.

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39331

pabilly, Speaking of going in remote places. I went out for a pretty good hike this morning and came across something a little strange.
Again, this place is not particularly easy to get to, and found this along the creek. It's just really weird the things you come up on in the backwoods.

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39332

Not sure which one came home with the meat in this one...:ohmy:
Attachments:

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39333

wildspirit44 wrote:

pabilly, Speaking of going in remote places. I went out for a pretty good hike this morning and came across something a little strange.
Again, this place is not particularly easy to get to, and found this along the creek. It's just really weird the things you come up on in the backwoods.

thanks, Waiting to see it :-)

Re:Me and the gnome are still at it 7 years 6 months ago #39334

should I check missing persons report?, :unsure: How does this stuff find it's way to these random places. This wasn't even by a trail or anything, lol.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 104 guests and no members online

Login