2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41421

That's killer for hour and a half! Nice way to start the day. Looks like the rain isn't going to get here till early next week. I'm planning on gettin in there tomorrow morning and do some prowling. Congrats, get it while the gettins good!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41423

good luck 44 hope to see some more pic.s.of 5 prongers..

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41427

Beautiful big ol roots you got there Cheif! You guys are the best I've seen at Sengin!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41428

thanks UB,dont look like iam going to get to go today..unless its a short late afternoon hunt.....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41452

I had time to go this afternoon but at 94 hot humid degrees I decided to pass.....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41453

Don't blame you a bit on that chief! I was looking at google maps last night of the property where I hunt. I saw a big north facing ridge on the back side of the property that looked mighty tempting. I'm planning on trying it tomorrow. I'm going to get in there about 8 o'clock I hope, and be out by 11. That's the plan anyway subject to change at anytime, lol. The Heat index by 1oclock tomorrow will be 93.. Fun, Fun. October can't get here fast enough!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41454

good luck 44..we don't get a break in the heat till next the weekend..but all next week is below normal temp.s..sure hope they are right....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41455

Got in the woods this morning right at 8 o'clock. I took my 4 wheeler as it was the only way to get to the spot. I came up on a huge tree that had fallen across the trail. I'm hoping the bear hunters will clear it out for me, lol. I wasn't able to get to where I was going. Had to hunt a little patch of woods right off the trail that I hunted couple years ago. Didn't expect to find much big seng which I didn't, but the young patches I ran into were just crazy. I've never seen so many little 2 and 3 prongers it was just growing like a wild weed. It'll be a killer spot in about 20 years, lol. I guess I dug about 4 or 5 oz's, and was sweating like a pig by 9:30, so just packed it in. I've about made a decision to hang it up till October. I've got my eye on a spot, but it's a beast of a place. There's just no way in this dang humidity! They would have to air lift me out of there, lol.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41456

always good to see that small sang..4 or 5 oz.s is more than I got today..congrats. we broke a record today 96 degrees..tomorrow night the heat is supposed to break..i cant wait.......

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41458

You guys are doing awesome this season even in this terrible heat! Today is supposed to be the last hot day til next year! I sure hope those weathermen ain't lying! Lol Mid 60s for the highs this weekend!!! No rain until Sunday.

Keep on keeping on fellas and may your Seng sacks bust at the seams!!! Lol

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 395 guests and no members online

Login