2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41622

Wow, congrats on an awesome day!. You never know till you go. I'm gonna try and get out some tomorrow. Calling for rain tonight and early morning so we'll have to see. Going to start getting cold this weekend. I just love walking those mountains this time of year. I can cover a lot more ground in that cool weather than I can in the heat that's for sure. I'm really itching to do some crappie fishing. Going to have to wrap up ginseng first though, lol. Great day there, get it while it's good!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41623

I would say from what I seen yesterday the seng will go another 10 days at least...lot of green ones still...our weather is supposed to be nice all next week...got to get by today though..WINDY...straight 30 mph right now ..gust up near 50mph...I didn't fish today because of the wind..anymore I would rather fish in the rain as that darn wind....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41624

Another 10 days would be great! There won't be any sengin done here today, that's for sure. Got up this morning and it was raining cats and dogs, and windy to boot. Suppose to taper off later but wouldn't give me enough time to really get in there and do much. My next chance will be Monday, but with all this rain, wind, and cold temps ahead I don't know. It sounds like a lethal cocktail for the seng. You're right about fishing in that wind it will blow you right out of the water, almost impossible.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41630

our local air port recorded a wind gust of 52 mph yesterday afternoon...I would imagine that those plants that were dead are gone now but I seen plenty that were green...iam going fishing tomorrow and will take a little walk around and see how it held up....

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41632

good luck tomorrow chief, you're gonna have to buy another freezer to put all those crappie in, lol.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41642

33 crappie today,,it was windy...
....got another 14 oz. of root....
....i wonder if it will last till Nov...

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41644

A day of crappie and sengin doesn't get much better than that, and in the wind too! You smoked em..awesome. I'm dying to get the boat out. I may just have to go this week. You know it may last till early November this year. I think it will largely depend on how many frosts we get here, or rain wind etc.. It's an unusual season that's for sure.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41646

percent wise. I would say 40 % going down loosing leaves and the stalks laying down....35% yellow and holding up...25% green as a gourd...I dug 5 or 6 today that had red berries.....unreal....

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41647

I didn't have time to look for root today,the fish were biting to good...probably wont get to go the rest of the week got some windows and doors to trim out...I got 5 gal. bucket full.=58 crappie.....

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41648

I would expect nothing less from the crappie whisperer, lol. I could set out with dynamite and a net and not get 58 crappie. You got that crappie fishing down to a science partner, nice job.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 481 guests and no members online

Login