2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41649

thanks 44 ,its more the river I fish than me...iam blessed to have this river a minute or less drive from my house...its fed 4 generations of my family for over 100 years...fishing,trapping, hunting, root digging..that ol river has been good to me...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41652

steady rain all day,40plus mph wind tomorrow...this maybe be the end of the season...iam going to look one more time....

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41653

yep, it's here too, nasty out there today and yesterday. Haven't had a chance to go lately. Like you I may try it one more time early next week just to check it out. Color is finally starting to show up a little here.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41654

well, I went crappie fishing couple days ago, and man it was a beautiful day. I just knew I was gonna get into some crappie. I got to the lake and wasn't hardly a boat out there, usually not a great sign, water was way up too. Sure enough the crappie was slow, but enjoyed the day, and caught this big ole catfish by accident. Took me about 10 minutes to get it in. Not what I was going for, but fun to catch nevertheless, lol.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41655

Attachments:

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41657

nice flathead 44..iam going tomorrow if the wind quits.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41658

34 crappie today...
.....got 6 oz. of root ..its about gone ,with the high wind and the leaves coming down the plants are getting buried by the falling leaves...seen 5 plants today that were still green though...

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41659

still smokin those crappie, awesome! I Just got back to the house from a new spot on the mountain. They are still standing in there pretty thick, gonna clean some roots and will post some pics soon. Ran into a big bear today too!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41684

Chief, you are the man buddy! Lol Slaying the Seng and Crappie. I've enjoyed keeping up with you and 44 this season!
Good luck on price this year. I checked here locally today and its $800/lb. It may go on up next month.

opening day... 5 years 5 months ago #41686

ub and 44 I hope you get maximum price for your root this year you have earned every cent you can get.....iam going crappie fishing tomorrow..i will take one more walk up a holler tomorrow..may not even dig..but iam going to enjoy looking back on this season...good luck my brothers....

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Who's Online

We have 365 guests and no members online

Login