2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41714

here it is after noon and it aint 25 degrees yet....had 10 pt.buck eating persimmons in the yard at daybreak...I got 2 nice bucks hanging around by the pond..one is a real dandy buck a big 10, the one in the yard this morning is the smaller of the two...he is a decent buck...he would score 130 ..the other might make 150 to 160 score...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41715

Day number two of the nastiest weather I've ever seen here, Cold, rainy, breezy. I believe I'm going to hold off and hunt Friday and Saturday, suppose to be nice. Sounds like you got some nice deer hanging around there. I use to deer hunt a lot in my teens and 20's. Me and my uncle have hunted a lot of woods together. This is the first year I've been back at it in a while. It sure does get exciting during the rut. You might have to get back into it as well with those nice bucks hangin around, lol.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41716

I got out 4 years ago.ive only missed it a couple of times..seeing those two bucks most of the fall has been fun to watch.there was a time they would have been taken out.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41717

4to 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow ugh...our gun season comes in Friday.bet them gunners freeze their butts off this weekend.....

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41718

wow, you guys are in all out winter mode. I'm going Friday and Saturday. Muzzleloader on Friday, and rifle starts Saturday. I'm taking both guns with me up there.. Sighted in my 270 today right before the rain got here. First shot was dead center didn't even have to make any adjustments. Now just have to find the big ones. Suppose to be nice and not to awful cold, so won't freeze to death this weekend anyway.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41719

good luck 44 hope you get a wall hanger....yep we are in full out winter..late spring and a early winter this year.didnt warm up till the end of may this year and now winter before thanksgiving.....

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41720

yep,got a solid 4 inches of snow....

opening day... 5 years 3 months ago #41721

snowing to beat the band.digging season seems like a long long long way off..hope you all got a great price for your hard earned root...

opening day... 5 years 3 months ago #41722

Hey Chief. I hope your doing good bud. So far we've only got a dusting of snow this year. Supposed to get a couple inches this weekend. I was pleased with my season on Seng from the amount I dug, to the price. I hope you did well also. Take care

opening day... 5 years 3 months ago #41723

Doing well UB,hope you are doing well also....iam glad you did well this season,i always enjoyed your play by plays of your hunts and pictures of your beautiful ginseng...that's what its all about,bieng happy with your season and being happy with the price...

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 327 guests and no members online

Login