2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41779

thanks TN, the guy that made it is really talented ,he has made me several knives and other things over the years..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41781

this by far has been the winter of high wind. I cant remember the wind blowing so much...45 mph substained wind today.50 to 60 mph gusts tonight and tomorrow..i will have to tie a anchor to my butt to go out and feed the dog....

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41782

I'd rather have just about any kind of weather other than what we've had this past week. It has rained constantly since last weekend. We have emergency flooding everywhere around here. I live near the river and just about all the roads close to me are inaccessible. Haven't seen it like this in a long time. Here is the woods behind my house, and there's not even a creek down there. I'd say it's 4 to 6 feet under water in places.

Attachments:

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41783

wow 44,sure hope the rain ends for you and it dries out....that looks like catfishing water..

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41784

lol, yeah it sure does. I'd say there won't be any fishing done for a while around here. I know the river will be out of commission for a while that's for sure.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41785

maybe it will wash some gold down the creek...lol.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41786

My thoughts exactly Chief, lol. I've been doing a little gold prospecting this month. The water has been to high to really get in the river much, but I've been doing a good bit of bedrock crevicing along the banks and finding some nice pieces. I'll share some pics on my other thread.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41792

....thought I would post some pic.s of warmer times..back to winter this weekend low temps down in the single digits...come on spring....

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41793

Down here in Southern middle TN... spring is starting to show up.

My bradford pear tree is opening blooms now. My elderberry bushes have little green leaf tips showing now. Buds getting big on my blueberry bushes, and my fruit trees.

We got a BOAT LOAD of rain too, so the river is way out of whack. No fishing yet.. I will sure be glad when it gets back to normal.

I need a good mess of fresh small mouth bass for supper !

TNHunter

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41794

I noticed the Bradford pears today TN, man they are pretty. Love those warm pics chief. Spring can't get here fast enough.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Who's Online

We have 646 guests and no members online

Login