2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day...2018........ 5 years 6 months ago #41314

Nice opening day, Cheif! I only planted a few berries today, they were already gone. Some didn't produce. It was like the berries started on them but never developed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41315

Sorry about your finger 44. The berries are strange this year for sure. Good luck this season, bud!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41316

thanks trapper and nice start to your season as well! My finger is ok, pretty deep cut though. I couldn't believe it I just started digging and got down to the root and there was brown glass everywhere! No telling how old the bottle was. It was about 7 or 8 inches deep. Could've been much worse for sure, yikes. Good luck on your season!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41317

me and my buddies openining day ...
Attachments:

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41318

thanks ub.....44 take care of that finger.....today is going to be a short learning hunt..iam taking my little grandson today on his first seng hunt..going to a holler that's wide in the bottom so he don't have to climb those hills.its hot and humid..if he last a couple hours i'll be happy..and I can keep his focus on the task at hand.....good luck today guys...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41319

Do not no why picture didn't work sorry fellers..had good opening day I had 154 bunches and my partner had 130.. no snakes and no bees so no complaints

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41321

Good for you chief, pass on the tradition. I chose not to go today, and I'm glad I didn't it was 93 degrees here today. Probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before I hit it again. Looking forward to it! ridgerunner you have to downsize your photos to below 800 pixels I believe to get them to post. Hope that helps.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41322

me and the grandson dug 14 oz. yesterday...he seem to take right to it....I decided not to go today.its just hotter than blue blazes here...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41375

after 4 days of a heat wave and then 3 days of rain[5 and 2 tenths inches] I finally got back to the timber today....went up a holler I scouted last year..it wasn't thick but it sure was some old stuff...I ended up with 26 oz......
.......i had some the necks were 4 and 5 inches long....
....sure felt good to get some dirt under my finger nails.....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41382

heres what mine look like still green that raind helped...only seen one yellow one...still no berries....

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 765 guests and no members online

Login