2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40847

nice mess chief, What do you use for crappie? I usually use 2 flies about 3 feet apart tipped with a minnow. Are you trolling. Seems like all the fish were deep here at least the ones I was marking. What ever you're doing you're doing it right. Keep on slayin em!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40848

iam tight lining 6 foot deep with minnows and a 10 foot long rod, fishing the brush..if your sinker aint rubbing a limb ,you aint going to get a bite..iam talking tight to the timber..ive tried some spot that ive caught them in open water and I cant get bite in those spots..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40849

I was thinking about trying the brush piles, but just about all the boats around here were trolling deep. Don't know if they run in different patterns in different areas. My fish finder was marking most of em suspended right off the bottom. Might have to hit some brush next time out, thanks for info!

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40851

the only thing better than catching crappie is eating crappie..i know I ate way to much tonight..i had to put my stretched out sweat pants on after supper tonight to give my waist line some room..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40852

looks good chief, that's some good eatin for sure! They're always good, but seems like they taste even better when they come out of that cold water.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40853

it was a bit chilly today but I managed to pick up 42 more....

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40854

wildspirit44 wrote: I was thinking about trying the brush piles, but just about all the boats around here were trolling deep. Don't know if they run in different patterns in different areas. My fish finder was marking most of em suspended right off the bottom. Might have to hit some brush next time out, thanks for info!

being a fairly new fisherman any pointers for catching them in brush or grass without snagging the hook in these places ?

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40855

alright chief I need directions to your boat launch pronto. Are you sure you're not using dynamite to get these..:lol: I'm hopefully going friday afternoon to a different lake. If I catch half that many i'll be a happy camper. It's been kinda warm past couple days and suppose to get cold the next couple so who knows what that'll do to the crappie. I'm gonna get after em though.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40856

pabilly, whenever I fish brush piles I usually use a float about 3-4 feet above the fly/minnow and fish around the brush. It can be tricky not getting snagged on those limbs, but sometimes as chief said and shown they hold tight to that brush.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 5 months ago #40857

Billy,i tight line vertically with a 3/8 's weight 3 inches above a gold crappie hook with 12 to 14 pound test...if you do get snagged on a limb ,90 % of time if you just jig it up and down a few times the heavy weight will free it.if not the 12 to 14 pound line will straighten my crappie hooks out most times...I do break them off sometimes but that's just the price I pay to fish where the crappie are..44,i aint going tomorrow 42 degrees for the high temp and 30 mph wind..may get out Thursday..iam fishing a river..seems like when the sun is out the crappie move up higher in the brush..on cloudy cool days ive been catching them around 6 foot deep...

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 265 guests and no members online

Login