2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41132

I got 5 and half inches of rain last night..i wont be doing any scouting for a while now..skeeters will be hatching out by the millions now....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41133

that'll be good for that ginseng chief. We had a good thunderstorm this afternoon here in the mountains as well came down in buckets for about 30min. My friend sent me the pic he took of that timber rattler he ran into. I'm wearin my snake boots from now till October. Not taking any chances with these dudes not to mention those copperheads too.

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41134

that's a dandy snake..

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41135

yep, it would make a nice hide. They're not to aggressive unless you step on em or invade their territory. I've been pretty foolish to not be wearin my snake boots in and around the river. Better safe than sorry.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41136

if they were by the river here they would be drown.i ended up with 7 and and 2 tenths inches of rain since sunday night .river is out of her banks big time.......

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41137

let her rain! I'd love to see a nice healthy woods come this september. We'll probably be wishin for rain come august as usual. Hard to get to much rain in the summer it dries up so quick.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41138

My blueberry bushes are starting to put out, might have me some blueberry pancakes in the morning. Cucumbers are coming in too, and a few tomatoes. Lettuce is growing like wildfire thanks to all the recent thundershowers.

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41139

I used to brew up some blueberry wine,man it was good stuff.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41141

96 degrees and 77%humdity oh boy this is just the start they say...going to be sizzling by fathers day......

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41144

Same here chief it's brutal. I took a drive around my ginseng property to check out some new areas just right off the road didn't do much walking though. The woods are looking good. I ran into two big barred owls next to the road sitting side by side just starring at me. They flew up in a tree and I got a pic of one with my phone although not the greatest of shots. It was a pretty strange encounter running into these guys. Maybe they were trying to tell me something, who knows. I know to the native Americans the owl is a very spiritual creature often meaning death or misfortune in some tribes, but have different meanings in others...yikes! Guess I will just cross my fingers..lol.

Attachments:

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Who's Online

We have 681 guests and no members online

Login