2018 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders are currently being accepted for shipment starting on Tuesday, 8/21/2018
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders currently being accepted for fall shipment
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 1 week ago #40958

taxidermy guy want a coon for a wall hanger to sell so I sold this one to him skinned..20 bucks that's more than I would have got if I would sent it to auction...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 1 week ago #40959

Can't get any better than that. I've got a taxidermist that takes all my really small beaver n baby muskrats for more than I would if did them done up.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 1 week ago #40960

Do you guys eat coon ? muskrats ?

Back when I was trapping, I tried a few. Never liked coon much... an only tried one rat, can't say it was good either.

Would sure beat starvin if you had too.

I did have a black guy from town that would come by and take every coon carcass I had... we would often catch 40+ coons on a weekend run on the river. He would load them all up in the trunk of his car and take them off.

I figured he was selling them somewhere... but I never asked. Was just happy to see the meat being used by someone for something.

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 1 week ago #40961

Never tried either TN, but I guess if you were in a survival situation you could probably do worse. The weirdest thing I've eaten was a big ole snappin turtle. A guy I use to work with a long time ago said I just had to try it so he baited a pond and caught one and we fried it up. It wasn't to bad, probably won't eat another one though. I think if you fry it up and put bbq sauce on it you can eat most anything, lol.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 1 week ago #40962

Tn my grandfather still can't believe I don't eat my rats he said it was a staple food back when he was growing up. Canned them they did. I use um in my mink boxes. My fur /Shang buyer would freeze up coon n rats when the freezer was full he'd go to the city n sell them to the black people $10 for coon n $1 for rats sold ever one of them all the time. Myself never tried um.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 1 week ago #40963

ive ate many a rat, I think they are as good as any rabbit or squirrel ive ever ate..bbq beaver or stew is hard to beat too...rats are vegetarian I think that has a lot to do with the taste of the meat..

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 6 days ago #40964

Had a great day ice fishing with a good friend today. Ended up filling this 7 gallon pail n a quarter of a 5 gallon pail of big blue gills got 3 nice crappie too. All cleaned had 9 lbs of filets
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 5 days ago #40965

that's a fine day of fishin there Hob. Doesn't get any fresher than that. That'll be some good eatin, congrats. I went yesterday it was absolutely beautiful out. It was pretty slow but managed a few crappie and three bass one of which was about 5 lbs. I saw two really nice bucks together in the woods along the bank, both still had their antlers. I wish I would've had my camera. Don't usually see two bucks like that walking side by side.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 5 days ago #40966

nice job Hob..they are saying near 60 degrees by Thurs. going to have to start getting the boat ready this week. I have to change the grease in the lower unit and a few minor things . then I will be ready......

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 months 5 days ago #40967

No boats going on the water here for a couple months here chief lol. I drove out on the ice a good 14" of ice. We're gonna get in the 40's for a few days this week it will fell like in the 80s. Also hope the foot n half of snow we got in the past two days goes away.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Hobler666shang.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 374 guests and one member online