2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40914

went to a farm pond today looking for bluegill but 90% of the bluegill were to small to keep..the crappie cooperated ,which was just fine with me.the pond had 6 inches of ice.i caught them fishing 8 foot deep in 12 foot of water..the chicken rancher call me while I was fishing,said he seen another yote up by the coop so iam going there in the morning to see if I can get a crack at the yote....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40915

You're a crappie magnet chief!, we've got coyotes everywhere around here. I've got a good friend that had one of his dogs killed by a pack of em. He said he'd give me 50 bucks for every one that I killed, lol. Maybe I should get the ole ar out and get to work. It's been so cold here lately you can't hardly stand it down in single digits and teens every night.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40916

its been below zero here every night since xmas night..yesterday when I went fishing was the warmest its been ..got up to 18 degrees ..its 10 now headed over to see about that yote..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40917

...I called the chicken farmer .he said he hadn't turn the chickens out yet so I hurried over there..i rode in with him to the coop and hid inside while he turned the flock out...then I had him drive out.. it wasn't 10 min.s till this colonel sanders had killed his last chicken..150 yards.. chip shot for the 243...

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40918

nice shot!, would make a nice pelt looks like.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40919

I skinned him,he was prime.got a taxidermy guy who wants his hide..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40920

got up to 61 degrees here today.critters were moving..i caught this ol boy slipping across the dam of my pond at 7 this morning..no wonder ive been seeing less rabbits ...

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40921

Looks like another good one. They can really take a toll on small game and deer too if there's enough of em. Did you know some people actually eat coyote. I was watching youtube videos on coyote hunting and came across this video. I don't believe i'm gonna try it anytime soon, but he did make it look pretty good, lol.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40922

I know couple guys that have ate them..i don't,.i tried lynx once [in sausage]didn't care for it either..other people there ate it and thought it was great..i like muskrat..but not many people do..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 months ago #40923

its been a colder than most winter here for the last 5 or 6 winters so I thought I would post a pic. of warmer times..

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 528 guests and no members online

Login