2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: got out finally and did some scouting...

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41210

well 44 the heat is back on here for a few days but will cool back off next week.i hope.....carl glad your uncle can get out and go....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41213

Appreciate the kind words Chieftain. It's disheartening to see the effects of a debilitating disease on a body. Just thankful that it appears that I'll get another year to make some memories. We're never guaranteed tomorrow for sure.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41214

I hear you there 44! Time doesn't wait for any of us for sure. Dealing with that is challenging enough. It's the darn debilitating disease that's eroding his muscles to the point that he has only about 3lbs grip pressure in his hands and his leg and thigh muscles have gotten to the point that he can fall at any moment for no reason. But his willpower is stronger than most! Just can't wait! 43 days and counting for me!

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41215

Time is precious, I get so ashamed sometimes at the things I complain about, and then see what other folks are dealing with. It sounds like what you're describing is Lou Gehrig's disease which is what my grandfather had and eventually passed from. It is indeed a horrible thing to deal with. I think we all deal with our own personal mountain to climb, some of those mountains are steeper than others for certain. Your uncle's strong will is inspirational, thanks for sharing!

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41216

you cant keep a good man down...sure warmed up here today..humid as all get out...putting up some peaches this afternoon in the deep freeze....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41217

Time for some peach cobbler and ice cream! The sun finally peeked out here today as well. Had about 2 and half days of solid rain, river is about up in the road. Chances of thunderstorms about every day looks like August will stay nice and damp.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41220

put up 22 cups of yellow peaches ..in about a week I will have a ton of white peaches.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 454 guests and no members online

Login