2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng 2018

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41537

Chieftain wrote: I bet the guy who dug that root was wondering if he would ever get down to the root.

Lol I'd say he was. I would've broke that for sure. The guy that bought it laid a tape measure by it and it was 15". Not fully stretched out either! Unbelievable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41538

wildspirit44 wrote: very nice trapper!, I've never seen anything like that long neck. That has to be a record of some kind. Looks like they're staying nice and green on your side of the hill too, awesome.

Thanks 44. Yeah still 85% green here. I believe the record is 180 years old on ginseng. I'd say this one beats that!

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41539

Here's the pic the buyer posted with the tape measure on that root. Absolutely incredible!
Attachments:

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41542

That is just crazy!, I hope it doesn't break. I framed a root one time and gave it to a friend of mine over the holidays one year. This would be a cool one to save and frame. Very unique!

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41549

I went for a while after work yesterday eve and dug 7oz. It was warm and the skeeters were as bad as I've ever seen. Literally swarming me and biting at will. Lol

I'm starting to see more dying Seng every trip. It seems they are either green or stems, not much in between. I love that yellow phase before it dies out but only seeing a few yellow.

Good Luck fellas!
Attachments:

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41550

another nice job UB.iam afraid after this heat mine will do the same thing .go from green to gone fairly quick...going to stay real warm for at least another week they say..may get some rain so that might help......

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41551

Thanks Chief! We will be in the upper 80s this weekend with a small chance of rain. It will probably be Friday eve before I get to go again.

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41552

Nice to see you guys are getting a little action in despite the heat and bugs. Fall is taking it's sweet time getting here this year that's for sure. I guess in a way that's good, but it does make for some miserable conditions to seng in. I won't be back in the woods till the 13th. Bear season starts this saturday and runs through the 12th. I don't want to be in there while they're chasing bears back and forth. I hope you guys get some better conditions soon, and some good time in the woods!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41553

Thanks 44! I hope there's plenty of Seng still up by the time you get back to it. I'm sure how this heat will affect it this time of year. The ground is still saturated from all the rain we've had so that might help keep it standing a while longer despite the heat. Take care, bud

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41563

I've been out a few times since I've been on here. Digging some but not a lot. Those 3 pics total 14.25 oz. I'm taking off Friday because it's suppose to be 58 degrees here!
This will probably be the last weekend. It's dying out quickly around here. I hope you fellas are doing well!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds

Who's Online

We have 66 guests and no members online

Login