2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: GINSENG FEVER

GINSENG FEVER 13 years 9 months ago #4063

Hello everybody I don't know bout ya'll but here in Pike county Kentucky I've been seeing alot more seng coming up this year that wasn't there last year.It is absolutly driving me crazzzzzzzzy!!!! I always keep the fever, but seeing all those big ole 3&4 prongs is killing me. At least we only have one more month and then the fun begins. Good luck to everyone and hope for good prices.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 9 months ago #4096

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Roger that Terry I am getting excited to over here in Bell Co-

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 9 months ago #4173

yep be glad when the season gets here

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 9 months ago #4177

I can't wait for the weekend to get here so I can get way back in the hills to scout! 33 more days til the diggin begins and counting! Do any of you purposely not dig much early until you see what prices are doing. If prices don't look good your better off not diggin.

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 9 months ago #4179

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Maya I have a few places where I havent had trouble with other diggers,private land.There I have been able to use stewardship and have good seng in the hollers,if the prices arent good I will only go there to do replanting of the new seeds and make a mental note of the bigger plants for another season,but I always dig in other areas,just because I can not help it,I cant imagine a season not digging some seng,ohnestly it isent just about money on them years.Even in the very good years it isent just about money,but it is wise to keep your favorite places up good so that when the right time comes you can sell around 10 lb dry,or thats the way I see it.

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 9 months ago #4185

Some years I purposely dig less than other years, but honestly it isn't based on price. I have about a dozen known areas where I have permision to dig and they have all been dug over the past couple of years. This year I will be going to a few of my favorites to plant ripened berries and to pinch off the tops, but I'm not planning to dig much. I say \"much\" because I know that I'm not able to resist those 20+ year old plants. I'm also going along with a friend who's just learning to hunt seng to a couple of properties that I've never been to before. I guess I dig less in hopes that in the futures I can dig more and bigger. If not me then my kids or someday my grandkids.

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 8 months ago #4470

''ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS TILL THE SANG FACTOR BEGINS''
MY WIFE SAYS I AM LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE WHEN IT COMES TO GINSENG SEASON THE CLOSER THE SEASON GETS THE WORSE I GET I GUESS WHEN THE 15TH GETS HERE ''LOOK OUT'' (LOL) GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 8 months ago #4471

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
!!! THE SANG FACTOR !!!

!!! WoOt WoOt !!!

Re:GINSENG FEVER 13 years 8 months ago #4474

THATS WHAT IM EXACTLY TALKING ABOUT BILLY(LOL0) NOW ONLY THREE MORE DAYS