2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips

YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips 13 years 9 months ago #4196

Hey Folks...

I got out early this morning and experimented with my 13 year old daughters ipod and made a video and uploaded to YouTube.

My first shot at doing a video with the ipod and about ginseng hunting.

This is from my property - not far from my home - in a spot where I plan to plant a few ginseng seeds this fall and see how they do.

I was looking around at the spot last weekend when I found a few ginseng plants - several 3 prong and smaller plants. Nothing bragging size but some decent plants growing in the wild here in Tennessee.

Gave a few tips that may help the novice ginseng hunter a bit too.

Not professional quality at all but - Hope You Enjoy !

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips 13 years 9 months ago #4202

Nice vidio TN!

Re:YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips 13 years 9 months ago #4203

Thanks for sharing TNhunter. Always enjoy ginseng videos. Looks like a really good spot to plant your seeds this fall.

Re:YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips 13 years 8 months ago #4208

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
T.F.Sharing Tn: always fun to watch a good video

Re:YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips 13 years 8 months ago #4212

Nice video TN. Makes me want to get out. I Sure hope it cools down a little by then. It's been really hot and humid summer by Ohio standards anyways.

Re:YouTube Vid by TNhunter Ginseng Hunting Tips 13 years 8 months ago #4218

Glad you folks enjoyed the video.

It sure has been hot and from about June 1 thru July 8 we got no measurable rain here not even a good dust settler.

A lot of the seng in that video was 3 prongs that were old enough to bear seed but as you can see they were still mostly in the flower stage with only one or two showing berry development in Mid July.

It has rained a bit more here the past couple weeks so hopefully that will speed up the berry production.

I dug a few mature plants in that location 3 years ago and glad to see that there is a decent population still there and reproducing.

I may harvest those seed producing 3 prongs late this fall (just about die back time) and transplant up to my patch just off the back yard. I plan to make a seed producing bed there and really just want some nice mature plants I can go out and take a look at when ever I want.

About 100' from my back porch I have a cleaned out trail that leads down the hill about 20 feet into the woods and I have a few seng plants growing there already. Last year there was some maidenhair fern growing there but no ginseng. I transplanted 10 small 2 prong rootlets there last fall and they all came up this spring and are doing well and one of them came up a nice little 3 prong this spring and has seed developing on it now.

There is something about ginseng that just makes me feel good just looking at it ! I am sure some of you guys feel the same way.

When I get me a bunch of big old 3 and 4 prongs growing in that spot here in a few years I may have to put me a bench down there under the big oak tree and just have a nice cool place to sit and relax in the woods and enjoy the view :-)

Have a Great Tuesday everyone !

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 560 guests and no members online

Login