2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics).

A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4394

Good evening everyone.

I had another good Saturday today. Went creek fishing again this morning and had some really good grilled large mouth & small mouth bass filet's for dinner just now.

I also took some time this evening and went for a stroll out back behind the house and took a few pictures of some ginseng I found.

Nothing real big, just some decent 3 prongers. I dig this area every 3 or 4 years and dug it 2 years ago. It has been hot and dry here with just a few periods of decent rains. We had a long dry and hot spell June and first of July then had a few decent rains then more hot and dry here lately (getting up near 100 on several days).

Ginseng is looking a little stressed out, and many of these plants have no berries yet, and the few that do have berries were all green.

If I do dig any of these plants this year it will be late fall when I do and only to transfer up to a seed producing bed I am going to start this fall which will be located just about 100' from my back porch.

I got some good exercise while out collecting these pics, sort of a good warm up for our season opener which will be here soon (Aug 15).

Even though most are not bragging size - hope you enjoy taking a look !

TN Hunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4395

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4396

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4397

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4398

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4399

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4400

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4401

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4402

Attachments:

Re:A stroll out behind the house this evening... (ginseng pics). 13 years 8 months ago #4403

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 146 guests and no members online

Login