2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Season Open In Kentucky 2010

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 8 months ago #4749

Very nice guys, very nice! Congrats on the finds and nice pics!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 8 months ago #4755

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Aww man Terry and Hilbillie what a great hunt and thanks for sharing these photos these are great.I am so glad you guys found a good spot to get started out real good on.I hope you all dig 10 pounds out of that holler before its over...

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 8 months ago #4776

Nice pics Billy. As for replanting the stem to turn the berries ripe- it works. My Dad insisted that he had seen this work in the past but I was skeptical. So we dug one plant on a hunt that had about 12 green berries. We took the whole root off including next years bud and put the stem back in the ground a few inches. We came back a week and a half later and the berries were bright red. I don't think that I would ever use that technique, because you just never know and can you really get back to that many places to check? I want a guaranteed red for planting so just a little patience before digging.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 8 months ago #4779

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
SWPASeng wrote:

Nice pics Billy. As for replanting the stem to turn the berries ripe- it works. My Dad insisted that he had seen this work in the past but I was skeptical. So we dug one plant on a hunt that had about 12 green berries. We took the whole root off including next years bud and put the stem back in the ground a few inches. We came back a week and a half later and the berries were bright red. I don't think that I would ever use that technique, because you just never know and can you really get back to that many places to check? I want a guaranteed red for planting so just a little patience before digging.

SWPASeng thank you,& Thanks for this report very intersting.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 8 months ago #4781

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I sold a 400 sq: apartment complex in Knoxville and will be out of the mountian a few days that sadnes me lol cause I love to seng every day I can,but the bills have got to be payed :) as well,

but I will check in for new pictures and new hunts from all my friends here and hope you guys are digging some woppers this week.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4824

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Well I can tell you guys 1 thing and that is once I have got to go senging and then have to go back to work I sure miss being out in the hills very much.Im looking forward to getting to go,hopefuly one day this weekend.O I thought I would share a few picture`s with you all from last year :)
These where some nice`ens
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4825

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
:)
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4826

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Well hopefuly I`ll get to post some nice roots and some pictures of some nice tops this weekend.G/L to all you guys find some big`ens :) [img size=386]
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4874

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Well we got off a little while this evening and went senging a short trip about 4 hours and we did find a few decent 4`s and 3`s but nothing real old today the oldest around 15 years old.This same spot produced some realy large roots a couple years ago.It is time to give this area a rest and just manage a little bit.Here are some photos we dug about 13 1/2 ounces today a short day for us,but still a good day it was fun just to get out and enjoy the Mountians a few hours.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4875

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
This is Bobby Joe Napier a good friend and senging buddy [img size=430]
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds