2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Season Open In Kentucky 2010

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4977

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Jin thanks I am glad you enjoy the photos I enjoy postying them and sharing them with everyone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4978

hay bill how long do you think the berries will last,im finding alot with leaves ate on and berries almost gone,and do u hunt or fish? [img]

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4997

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
tnkysenger wrote:

hay bill how long do you think the berries will last,im finding alot with leaves ate on and berries almost gone,and do u hunt or fish? [/quote] tnkysenger I think that in the hollers where the berries havent been eating off and or the pods arent missing will do pretty good in our area because of the abundance of rain that we received most of the plants are realy green,but they do have alot of bites on the leaves and it seems that other animals have favored eating the berries more than usal this year.However I still have hope as far as the length of time our seng stands especialy in the real good areas of soil,diretion,etc I think that it will stand at least untill late Oct early Nov according to how fall comes in and remains,but it may last through late Nov on good rain years at the rite times I have seen seng standing in late Nov around here.I am also adding stratified seed to areas especialy that didnt have alot of berries for whatever the reasons where to help out in those areas for the first time.I have planted thousands of wild berries and can see how good it is to plant every one of them,the percentage of groth is way way better in my exsperience at least 70 to 80 percent better,compared with it falling and laying natural and reproducing is unreal.So on years of slow berrie development I will pay close attention starting this year with the palnting of stratified seed as well to help keep a healthy balence in those areas because the ground is good but the seeds didnt make it through the animals.In the areas where the wild seed has done great,like in that area where I made the video on replanting properly Wild seed I will not ad alot of stratified just some in areas where the seng is not their and it should be the Lord willing. Fishing and hunting,,,,,,Man you know it I love to fish and hunt I like them big ole cats,to them large mouth,and small mouth bass,the bluegill,white bass,rockfish shoot just any fish that wants to bite :) but my favorite eating fish of all is Crappie,then Bluecat......Hunting I love that to I have sevral hunting videos on a website title Hunting Footage that`s a real good place to watch amature video hunts of wild deer,turkey etc here is a link to the site its a great hunting site. http://www.huntingfootage.com This is a direct link to my hunting videos page http://www.huntingfootage.com/videos?page=%3Dbrowser_content.videos.e2s%3Fupk%3D16500&push=veep_browser_content_videos But yes sir we Love to hunt as well.The only two animals I hunt are Wild Turkey and Deer,but my sons like these animals and rabbit hunting squirrel hunting and such.We have taking some good deer here in Ky. Hope you get a chance to check out that site, Billy.[img]

tnkysenger I think that in the hollers where the berries havent been eating off and or the pods arent missing will do pretty good in our area because of the abundance of rain that we received most of the plants are realy green,but they do have alot of bites on the leaves and it seems that other animals have favored eating the berries more than usal this year.However I still have hope as far as the length of time our seng stands especialy in the real good areas of soil,diretion,etc I think that it will stand at least untill late Oct early Nov according to how fall comes in and remains,but it may last through late Nov on good rain years at the rite times I have seen seng standing in late Nov around here.I am also adding stratified seed to areas especialy that didnt have alot of berries for whatever the reasons where to help out in those areas for the first time.I have planted thousands of wild berries and can see how good it is to plant every one of them,the percentage of groth is way way better in my exsperience at least 70 to 80 percent better,compared with it falling and laying natural and reproducing is unreal.So on years of slow berrie development I will pay close attention starting this year with the palnting of stratified seed as well to help keep a healthy balence in those areas because the ground is good but the seeds didnt make it through the animals.In the areas where the wild seed has done great,like in that area where I made the video on replanting properly Wild seed I will not ad alot of stratified just some in areas where the seng is not their and it should be the Lord willing.

Fishing and hunting,,,,,,Man you know it I love to fish and hunt I like them big ole cats,to them large mouth,and small mouth bass,the bluegill,white bass,rockfish shoot just any fish that wants to bite :) but my favorite eating fish of all is Crappie,then Bluecat......Hunting I love that to I have sevral hunting videos on a website title Hunting Footage that`s a real good place to watch amature video hunts of wild deer,turkey etc here is a link to the site its a great hunting site.

www.huntingfootage.com

This is a direct link to my hunting videos page
www.huntingfootage.com/videos?page=%3Dbr...owser_content_videos

But yes sir we Love to hunt as well.The only two animals I hunt are Wild Turkey and Deer,but my sons like these animals and rabbit hunting squirrel hunting and such.We have taking some good deer here in Ky.

Hope you get a chance to check out that site,
Billy.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5012

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
A few photos of recent hunts that I have posted this is a picture of my nepew Johny out on a day with me it is the biggest root and top he ever found.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5013

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Now thats beautiful and rite where i want to be :)
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5014

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I never grow weary of finding these plants. [
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5281

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
h
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5282

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Up close look at that curl exstintion man that makes me feel all kinds of ways lol its just awsome.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5302

Billy, that's an encredible root!!! I'd love to just find one like that in my lifetime. I found a couple last year with around forty steps on the curl and was pretty excited about them. I'd probably just pass out after digging one like that!!! I just got permission tonight to try an area that I've been wanting to get a look at. Great big hillside that's facing the right way and a hollow behind it that also looks good from the satelite view. Been trying to track down the owner for a while and finally got a hold of him tonight and got the OK. I'm pretty excited about this one, but its going to be hard to find the time to get over there and check it out. My daughter has a volleyball game tomorrow evening and have a family get together on Saturday. I may slip over Friday after work, but that won't give me enough time to cover much of the area before it starts getting dark. I'm definately gonna check this one out well, I've just got that gut feeling about this place. Awe listen to me go on and on. That's a great root thanks for sharing that one with us.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5304

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
5prong wrote:

Billy, that's an encredible root!!! I'd love to just find one like that in my lifetime. I found a couple last year with around forty steps on the curl and was pretty excited about them. I'd probably just pass out after digging one like that!!! I just got permission tonight to try an area that I've been wanting to get a look at. Great big hillside that's facing the right way and a hollow behind it that also looks good from the satelite view. Been trying to track down the owner for a while and finally got a hold of him tonight and got the OK. I'm pretty excited about this one, but its going to be hard to find the time to get over there and check it out. My daughter has a volleyball game tomorrow evening and have a family get together on Saturday. I may slip over Friday after work, but that won't give me enough time to cover much of the area before it starts getting dark. I'm definately gonna check this one out well, I've just got that gut feeling about this place. Awe listen to me go on and on. That's a great root thanks for sharing that one with us.

5 I to would love to find one like that :) I was enjoying your conversation about the spot and hope that you find some great root my friend be sure to let me know :)

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online

We have 638 guests and no members online

Login