2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!!

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4613

Nice! I believe I would have dug the plant in the 3rd photo down. But then again not many areas here where you find old plants like Billy does in the mountains down south.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4614

Shroomy, I know what you mean. If this were a year that I was digging this area it definately would have gotten dug. But I knew going in tonight that I wasn't digging. Our season doesn't come in until Sept. 1. Besides, I really like digging those 25+ year old roots, and if you dig all the 15 year old plants you'll never get those old boys.

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4618

Good to see folks doing it right. Nice looking seng. Won't be long o sept 1 I can't wait.

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4705

Well guys, went back out today to plant berries and pinch off some more. Had a light rain this afternoon so I hope that will have a positive effect on all the berries I planted today. I even pinched off several 4-prongs today most of them were younger 4-prongs but fours none the less. I also found a pretty neat 2-prong that had 6 leaflets on one of its prongs. I don't ever recall seeing one like this before. I also walked up this very narrow but steep point and found a few 3-prongs even though I have walked up it many times before in the past and have never seen any seng growing on it before this year. The stuff simply amazes me. I'm really starting to get the itch to dig. I still have a little over a week and am planning to spend the first day exploring a brand new area. Sometimes that strategy is a total bust, but when it pays off it is extrordinary to me. Either way it's always a fun adventure. Hope you guys enjoy the pics
Attachments:

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4706

Attachments:

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4707

A relatively young four.
Attachments:

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4708

A pretty nice 3-prong probably 15 years old or older.
Attachments:

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4709

Although this isn't a great pic of it this is a pretty nice four prong that is probably about 20 years old.
Attachments:

Re:Pics of ones that got pinched off!!!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4712

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I always enjoy seeing the pic`s 5 and enjoy reading about the adventures t/f/sharing all of them with us.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 738 guests and no members online

Login