2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: It was what I hoped for!!!!!

Re:It was what I hoped for!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4727

I forgot to add, what was somewhat odd is this was west facing and wrught at the top of a mountain where it was otherwise to dry. Not much for companion plants too.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:It was what I hoped for!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4728

maya wrote:

I forgot to add, what was somewhat odd is this was west facing and wrught at the top of a mountain where it was otherwise to dry. Not much for companion plants too.

Maya, I live northeast of you in Maine. All of my Wild Simulated has been planted on hills facing West and SouthWest and at the top of hills. They are all doing well! If I planted them on the West or Northwest side of hills they would be smaller due to less sunlight and the snow on those sides of the hill does'nt go away until the month of May.

Most studies have shown that Seng grows best on the East and NorthEast sides of hills. But the truth is that the further North you go the more you will find seng growing on the opposit side of the hills. I know thats true also for wild Seng I hunted in Wisconsin.

Re:It was what I hoped for!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4729

classicfur wrote:

maya wrote:

Maya, I live northeast of you in Maine. All of my Wild Simulated has been planted on hills facing West and SouthWest and at the top of hills. They are all doing well! If I planted them on the West or Northwest side of hills they would be smaller due to less sunlight and the snow on those sides of the hill does'nt go away until the month of May.

Most studies have shown that Seng grows best on the East and NorthEast sides of hills. But the truth is that the further North you go the more you will find seng growing on the opposit side of the hills. I know thats true also for wild Seng I hunted in Wisconsin.

Oh I agree w/ what you say, the farther north you are the more it will tend to be on w-nw slopes. Where I do find on west facing though it is generally in a ravine where there tends to be more moisture. This was right at the top of a west facing steep face. No ravine, just straight up and down. The only thing that I noticed about it was that it was a little humped up area with unbelievable block soil. You may think those roots were not cleand off well but I actually rinsed them more than usual but that's as good as they were getting. I asume due to age and that rich black soil!

Re:It was what I hoped for!!!!! 13 years 7 months ago #4759

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
maya wrote:

Billy wrote:

!!! SwEeT tHaTs WhAt iM tAlKinG aBoUt !!!

Way to go Maya awsome day and beautiful root,flat out nice,,,Now you feel better A ... :o)

Congrats.

I'm still not feeling great but digging 4 roots over 4oz is just mind boggling!

I planted a bunch of berries on this one small patch today and thought of that vidio you made. Again, great job!

Thank you Maya.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 737 guests and no members online

Login