2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: An old picture I dug out

An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4764

Some of the pics I've seen here made me dig out this old one. Found these 2 side by side about 18 yrs ago. Tallest plants I have ever found. Picture doesn't show, but the berry stem is about another 6 or 7 inches above the prongs. When I walked up on these the berries were in the middle of my stomach and the glob of berries was almost the size of a cue ball. I must have planted 50 berries from these 2 plants. Headed back to this spot next week for the first time since I dug these. I hope the berries I planted produced a couple more like this. Back then it was just me and Dad, now I got my boy with us as well.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4765

Dad and I still go together most of the time but here is our best seng hunting buddy (my 8 year old) and his first one of the year.
Attachments:

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4771

Awesome pics, Thanks for sharing them on here.

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4772

Nice plants/roots swpa!

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4782

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
SWPASeng thanks for digging that picture out to share with us man that is awsome.You and your dad have a great seng buddy their looks like to me :) I am glad to see this great traditiong passed on.

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4784

SWPA that is the biggest tops I have ever seen. Very nice roots also. Hope you find some more just like that this year.

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4786

That blows my mind man. Awesome . Hope you and your buddy find more like those soon. I hope I do too. I'm gonna save that pic (hope ya don't mind) and show it to show my buddy tomarrow, he's 15, maybe that will get him all fired up to get out there(actually you could post a 2 prong to get us fired up to go), seems like the first is taking forever to get here. Take care.

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4805

you and i must be about the same age. my father doesnt get out as much as he used to and my son is picking up the slack. puts me right in the middle. that pic. of yours is full of memories. thanks for sharing.

Re:An old picture I dug out 13 years 7 months ago #4806

I am lucky in that my Dad still goes like crazy in the woods. He is 71 and shows no signs of stopping. When we were younger and went out I knew it was always going to be dawn til dark because you could never get him out of the woods. I can remember many a day walking out and barely being able to see in front of me. Its great having 3 generations out there together. Hopefully I can go to 71 and beyond with my boy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 736 guests and no members online

Login