2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: a couple nice ones ive found

a couple nice ones ive found 13 years 7 months ago #4807

heres a couple decent ones ive found. the one is a big 3 prong six leafer and the root is from a 4 prong i found standing a lil more than two feet tall i wasnt even expecting to find any seng the day i found the 4 prong it was almost december and cold weather had already set in for a lil while. the plant was still as green as if it would have been in august. it was in the craziest place just off the side of an ol strip mine road in direct sunlight in dry dirt. how in the world it got there and survived to be as old as it was only the good lord knows. its the biggest root ive ever found. not nearly as big as some of the pics ive saw you guys posting but still definitely a keeper.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:a couple nice ones ive found 13 years 7 months ago #4808

sorry the 3 prong picture didnt upload
Attachments:

Re:a couple nice ones ive found 13 years 7 months ago #4813

Real nice sixprong!!! I really love when I find an old 3 or 4 prong plant that has six or seven leaves per prong. That always gets my old heart a pumpin. Congrats!!!

Re:a couple nice ones ive found 13 years 7 months ago #4820

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Very nice Thanks for sharing this with us it is a real good en as the old man would say :o)

Re:a couple nice ones ive found 13 years 7 months ago #4829

thanks billy. and thanks for all your videos and things too. i love watching them. im quite a young senger. 24 and only been doing it about 4 years now. had to teach myself everything. im still not a pro like you guys but im getting better every year. id rather hunt seng as breath.

Re:a couple nice ones ive found 13 years 7 months ago #4834

That's a good one six! I think some of the older ones can withstand more sunlight.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 502 guests and no members online

Login