2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sept 6th Hunt - TNhunter 14.4 oz

Sept 6th Hunt - TNhunter 14.4 oz 13 years 7 months ago #5196

My partner and I tried out a new spot today, had high hopes (don't you always when going somewhere new) but things did not pan out as we had hoped.

There was some sang in there but most of it was kind of small and frail looking. There were a lot of Beech and Ironwood trees in this areas and many of the north/east facing hillsides were just sort of bare.

We walked a long long way, tuckered ourselves out good, ended up with 14.4 oz to split between us.

We did find 3 - Four Prongs but even they were kind of thin and whimpy looking. I guess there was just something about that location that the sang just was not real happy with.

Oh well - better luck another day.

Going to finish off the evening by grilling up some T-Bone Steaks (Yummmmmmmy).

Hope you all had a Good Labor Day !

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Sept 6th Hunt - TNhunter 14.4 oz 13 years 7 months ago #5199

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats on a decent day instead of a day wih nothing Tnhunter I have went and came home from a new area with 3 or 4 bunches,man thats when it is sad :)

Now that t-bone sounds good to me :)

Re:Sept 6th Hunt - TNhunter 14.4 oz 13 years 7 months ago #5226

ive been in 2 places like that this year. they were absolutely fuul of seng. the most biggest patches i ever saw but the plants were so tiny. i dug a 4 prong that had a root no bigger than my pinky. i just left and let them be. it was sad

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 174 guests and no members online

Login