2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Week 2

Week 2 13 years 7 months ago #5294

Now that week 2 in the books i have dug 19 lb 10 oz
of green ginseng so far..this year so far has been great to me.. will be posting pic today some time..
why i came home cause i found something not sure what it is.. thinking may be u all will know.. ths jaw bone is alest 3ft long back teeth are about 2 to 3 in long front teeth are K9's here's the pic
click on pic u able to zoom in...

img441.imageshack.us/g/bonesk.jpg/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Week 2 13 years 7 months ago #5295

Very cool! My guess would be Mastadon due to the tooth canals at the end of the jaws. Congrats on the cool find man!

Re:Week 2 13 years 7 months ago #5298

Iam taking the front K9 teeth down to University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN In the moring so i will know what it is..thanks for letting me know what u thought it was...i hope is somthing good.. could be out ginsening make $$ but i gotta take it down to them...

Re:Week 2 13 years 7 months ago #5301

RedDog, I was wondering if you could post another pic. For some reason I cant get this one to open up.

Re:Week 2 13 years 7 months ago #5312

Red Dog I'm not trying to act like a know-it-all or anything. But I really do believe that is what it is. From the looks of what you are calling canines look to me the roots of the teeth. At least from what I can make out in the photo. No matter what it is, it is an awesome find. Wish I could find something like that. Heck man, you may make more from that jawbone than you could make digging Ginseng. Good luck to you and make sure you let us know what they determine it is.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 475 guests and no members online

Login