2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 71 ounces today..

Re:71 ounces today.. 13 years 6 months ago #5649

been raining here in east central ILL. ,since 5am ..letting up now..may go and see what it did to the plants..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:71 ounces today.. 13 years 6 months ago #5652

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
G/L Chieftain hope that you dig well today.I like to see the seng with the glosy look after a rain.What is the name and brand of your g.p.s. sounds like to me it is reasonably priced and does a good job at the same time.

Re:71 ounces today.. 13 years 6 months ago #5657

I've got a garmin ,billy. easy to use and read...today I could see the beginning of the end..may get out a couple more times this week,but the sang ain't going to last much longer here..found 22 ounces today..many were clear down ..some just the stem and berry pod sticking up..week to 10 days will be about it..

Re:71 ounces today.. 13 years 6 months ago #5659

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats on a good dig Chieftain and it has realy suprised me the shortness of your alls digging season two years now if you waste any time you just wouldnt get much in.If you where down two weeks like I was that would realy hurt.I guess it just be that your all so much further North and the seng falls so much faster there in that area due to weather climate etc.I know also that the seaon starts 2 weeks later than ours.

Re:71 ounces today.. 13 years 6 months ago #5667

Congrats on a good dig Chief! Our seng is pretty much yellow now. A few still green and some just brown or stems. As far as Billy's comment about the season being short... I don't know about your area, but around here the last 2 years it has yellowed sooner than normal I believe because of how dry it's been toward the end of summer. When I was younger I always remember finding an digging until around October 7th- 10th. After about the 10th it has always been pretty much a waste of time around my area. Last year and this year won't even make it till the first of October.

Re:71 ounces today.. 13 years 6 months ago #5684

our season doesn't come in till the first sat. of sept....this year that was the 4 th.buyers cant start buying till the second sat. of sept....never did understand the think on why so late..going to be hot here all week with the highs near 90 everyday..about wednesday they are talking hard rain..if that happens it will be over here..plants that are burnt up due to the heat will crumble under a heavy wind or rain..I cant go today [mowing my trails back to my tree stands]but will go out a couple more times this week..

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 325 guests and no members online

Login