2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Patch Today

New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5415

I took my son's mountain bike to get to an area I've senged for a few years. It's a good area with quite a bit of seng but I just wanted to get to an area to the south so rather than hike a few miles I biked down a power line.

I tried a hillside where there was some maidenhair and other good companion plants but nothing. I went uphill and swung north and found a real old logging road so I walked down the real faint excuse for a road. I saw a two stemmer on the side of the road, so I looked around, it didn't look great but there was a small drainage above the road and it was just loaded with seng! In a 30 yard square area there had to be over 80-100 plants!

I dug 15 or so and burried a boatload of berries! Great day!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5417

Man I need a gps, I think I can find my way back but I may have to search for a while!
Attachments:

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5418

The big one toward the bottom of this pic took me at least 20 minutes to dig. It grew between the rock in the pic above and some other rocks. You can see how it is crimped in the center. This area is all shale, real tough digging.
Attachments:

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5419

A couple nice ones.
Attachments:

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5421

Looks and sounds like a GREAT day, CONGRATS! Finding those new patches is probably my favorite part of senging. I've found several smaller patches so far this year, but nothing spectacular yet...

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5422

Long ole boy.
Attachments:

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5423

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats Maya that was a great find and as 5 mentioned I sure love to find new seng areas and patches like that just bring a smile to an ole fellows face for sure,Glad you done well.

Billy.

Re:New Patch Today 13 years 7 months ago #5427

5prong wrote:

Looks and sounds like a GREAT day, CONGRATS! Finding those new patches is probably my favorite part of senging. I've found several smaller patches so far this year, but nothing spectacular yet...

New spots are the best! What was so great about this one is that it was so small and contained, you could easily miss it.

Thanks Billy, glad to see you are on the mend!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 142 guests and no members online

Login