2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: misc.

misc. 13 years 5 months ago #6192

i have come to the end of my seng season, but my love of the woods wont let me leave, so on a hike a few days ago i found a patch of sweet cicely. it is so fragrant and tasty. it smells and tastes like licorice candy. so i picked it and put it in some white sassafrass tea. the mountains always have something for me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:misc. 13 years 5 months ago #6199

ya its about done here in missouri, at least in my neck of the woods. Not having any rain and the cold snap a week ago sent all of the sang into a spiral down. I'm with you elijah, found about 10 pounds of hen of the woods today, yummy. Theres all kinds of things out there to find, a treasure trove

Re:misc. 13 years 5 months ago #6201

Havent seen any hens aound yet, but found some chikens the other night while squirrel hunting. Those are pretty good too, and are nice visually as they tend to turn bright orange when cooked.

Re:misc. 13 years 5 months ago #6206

aint had enough rain here to bring the hen's out ..

Re:misc. 13 years 5 months ago #6212

we have gone into a dry cycle no rain for 10 days none forecasted for the next 5, sang is hitting the ground and blowing away, if we get high winds any this week it's gonna be tough. Only about 5-10% left green mainly stems otherwise, the wind blew the leafs off of all of the yellows I found yesterday

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Who's Online

We have 158 guests and no members online

Login