2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-)

TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6278

Hey Guys,

I needed 3 more roots to complete my seed producing bed (with 44 total roots) so I got out one more time for a short hunt this morning.

Hunted another bluff area that was facing north/north-east and had some good luck.

This will most likely be my last hunt of the year. We are going out of town for a couple days (kids out for fall break this week). The seng is dang near gone anyway, several are gone, no top left, but some are hanging in there just a bit longer.

Here is a few pics from my last hunt.

Found a few nice 4 prongs (near gone) and 3's and completed my seed bed and had some left for drying to sell.

Have a good week guys !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6279

Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6280

Nice 4 - almost a goner.
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6281

Another 4 and a 3 below it.
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6282

Nice root.

The seng I find on bluffs around here in that rocky soil sure do have nice roots. Getting close to mountain quality - as close as we can get anyway.
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6283

Notice on this one that last years stem is still visable.

See that ever once in a while.

I checked and there were no other roots in there so it must have been last years stem. Rare but it does happen that the old stem is still to be found nearly a year later.
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6284

And look at that 3 prong - still doing well.

It was a bit lower on the bluff and somewhat lucky that a big ole piece of tree bark had covered the root area nicely and kept the soil underneath from drying out so much.

This was the only one I saw today that looked like it might make it another week or two.
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6285

I put the largest 3 roots in my seed bed to finish it off.

Some of them were nice ones.

Can't wait to see them agian next spring.

I will send you all some pics then.

Best of luck to you guys that are still senging a bit - hope you find some nice ones.

It was a good year and I had fun sharing pic's and video's seng chat with you guys. Enjoyed very much seeing your pic's and vid's too.

Later !

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6287

TNhunter

You pulled alot of nice lookin Roots out of the ground this year. I've enjoyed the pics of them you shared!

Your going to enjoy that new Wild Grown garden you have, More than you can imagine. Especialy since their just out your back door.

I visit my gardens almost daily during the growing season and its a thrill to watch them grow.

classicfur

Re:TNhunter - Last Hunt this year - nice 4's and 3's :-) 13 years 6 months ago #6297

nice

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 257 guests and no members online

Login