2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots

Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7066

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tnhunter/Guys

I wanted to share a little bit of footage with you all.It is when we started finding roots for Tnhunter`s seed bed.

Me and Lee found 2 of the roots this day and had a great time looking for them.

Tnhunter I thought you might enjoy this to actualy see a couple of the tops this year from your roots.

I want to tell you this there is one of those other 3 tops that I sent you that is a special top :)

Even these two are not that one,not close :)

I cant tell you the reason I say this because it would spoil the suprise,but you will see a beautiful top the good Lords will.And the suspence is just fun ;)

Enjoy guys,

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7073

Billy, that's awesome. I know I'm being negative, but these days it seems like everywhere I go, I deal with someone who would do me wrong for a nickel. It does my heart good to see someone that is happy to go out of their way to help a friend.

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7074

Billy

That blesses my heart to see what a few guys will do to get some of their best roots for a friend.

God bless you brother!

classicfur

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7077

Billy ,you are one of the good ones..B) B)

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7080

Great video Billy. It looked like that dirt was pretty easy diggin, around here they is so many rocks it would have took a long time to dig that big of a root. I may try a mattock or pick and see how that works instead of a big ol flathead screwdriver. . . . Next year that is. If anything was still up this mornin it's down now; the wind is a screamin down here in northern TN.

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7084

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Jacquo - I understand your thought it seems few people this day respect each other simply for a lack of respect for themselves.I have saw that there is not much good teaching to the children today and that alot of parents let there children learn on there on,to me that is why things are the way they are.A son/daughter that is left to themselves will bring there mother to shame,but there are those who still have a standard and a few of those are here on this website and I am glad to know them.

classicfur - Thanks :blush:

Chieftain - Thanks so are you.

hillhopper - That is some very good soil in that area,but there is alot of area over this way that is as the area you described,rocks,hard soil etc...and I have decided that the type digger that I have is alot better overall for my area because whether I get into ruff or good soil I can still dig with the same tool.

The wet ginseng is truly gone over this way now we have winds predicted to blow up to 25 m.p.h. today and after two days of rain that will do it.I might see a small amount of wet come in today but after today I do not think there will be any more....

Billy.

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7090

Hey Billy,

Just checked out for my lunch hour and checked in on wildgrown for a second and found this.

You just don't know how blessed it feels to have someone do something like that for you.

MAN i really do APPRECIATE it - and again want to say a big THANK YOU to you and your friends for helping me out with that project.

Can't wait to see those big old tops when they come up next spring. I know excatly where they are at, got em marked with sticks and I am really looking forward to seeing them.

Now you really got me guessing on the top on that special one.

Now I am looking forward to spring, like I was on Aug 1 for Seng Season to open.

It can't get here fast enough.

THANKS

TNhunter

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7105

Wonderful thread Billy. I'm very curious to what that special top is also.

TN, From the looks of things and from what you've shared on here about starting your seed bed I'd say you should have a bumper crop of seeds to plant by next fall. I'm hoping to see some pics toward the end of next summer when those seedpods start turning red!

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7124

Hey Guys,

I got off work a little early this evening 3:30 and headed back to the woods and planted another 1500 seeds or so. We have had some good rain the past few days and today I used the rake and scatter method and planted a 4' x 80' strip right beside where I planted my first using the Hankings method.

It will be good to see how the two compare next year on germination rate and over the next few years on how the plants progress.

After returning home and getting cleaned up I had to come back here and watch that vid a few more times. Man those are sure some nice big 3 prongs. The roots were impressive and now I know the tops were just as impressive.

I am always amazed to see how long the berry pod stems get on that seng Billy shows. Around here in Middle TN we hardly ever find one that has a berry pod stem where the berries are much higher than the leaves. They are usually about even with the top/leaves or even just a bit under.

Every once in a while I will find one with a 5-6\" berry pod stem but that is very rare.

That first one Billy dug looked like the stem was a foot long.

Next summer that will make them easy to pick out in my seed bed.

5Prong - I will sure be posting some pics and video of that seed bed and the plants there next spring and summer (Good Lord willing).

Billy - Again just got to say Thank You and your Friends for collecting those nice roots for me.

TNhunter

Re:Tnhunters 2010 Seed Bed Roots 13 years 5 months ago #7132

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Tnhunter it was a blessing to help you out with those roots I had 10 times over rather see a good person that appreciates them have them than any other.And you are most welcome.

I also thank you for your hospitality that you showed by sending me two free tickets to dine at the OutBack Steakhouse :cheer: I have just about got enough time now to get away for a weekend with a beautiful Lady I know (my wife) and maybe travel down to Knoxville for a fine meal and a little relaxation.So thanks again for that gift,as it was not a part of the deal,but a gift ;)

I know that you are suspicious as to what that one top will be like and I am having a ball because I know you cant wait LoL.....5 has got interested to he he......Well I will tell you guys this,,,It is Nice.....I will tell you something else Ohnestly Tn I am always excited about ginseng season every year im anixous just cant wait,,it is kind of funny but Lord knows I realy enjoy this like a child enjoys a new toy,every season I just cant wait to find one of them monsters....

Billy.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 923 guests and no members online

Login