2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 4 is up !!!

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy 13 years 6 months ago #7498

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks 5

I have not got to go yet except for Calebs youth hunt but they where not moving yet at that time it is a little early at that time here.Seng movement is slowing down alot.So me and Caelb went to scout yesterday morning before school and spoted a nice shooter 8 point in a area that me and him hunt together.Since they wherent moving this youth hunt he will get first dibs on open day of riffle season :) hopefuly he will get that one he is a nice 125, 130 class buck and would be Calebs largest buck to date. He has taking a 9 point and a 8 point but both where smaller 110 to 120 class.

L.Bill is working and going to school but he has off open weekend and hes pumped we are trying to spot a good shooter for him tomorrow morning....

G/L to You and Chieftain this season as well.

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy 13 years 6 months ago #7539

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
O.K. Guys here is Part 3 of the video series

I hope that you all are enjoying the trips into the mountians with us this year :)

Billy.

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 3 is up !!! 13 years 6 months ago #7545

Billy

Thanks for taking the time to put all the videos together, I really enjoy watching them.

I wish our ground was digger friendly like yours. Here in middle Tn I can not hardly make it without a pick on one end of my digger.

SengNveins

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 3 is up !!! 13 years 6 months ago #7570

Same here SengNviens, alot of rock around here too

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 3 is up !!! 13 years 6 months ago #7591

Billy and TNHunter, I have been watching your videos before I found this awesome site. I think I have seen every Ginseng video (Seriously) on the internet many a time and you two guys have some of the best for sure. Like the previous post says \"Keep em coming\".
Thanks

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 3 is up !!! 13 years 6 months ago #7728

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
SengNveins
Hillhopper
Latt

Thanks Guys I am glad that you enjoy the videos it is always fun to me to take all the clips from the season and put them together mix and edit and all.

Here is Part 4 in the series Ginseng Season 2010

Enjoy my friends.

Billy.

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 3 is up !!! 13 years 6 months ago #7729

Billy, looks like your boy really enjoys digging ginseng as well. Im trying to get my son interested but he has been slow to take hold of it. Good video!

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 3 is up !!! 13 years 5 months ago #7935

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
He sure does enjoy it,Thanks.

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 4 is up !!! 13 years 5 months ago #7944

Hillhopper,

I am having the same problem with my son.

He is 8 year old, will be 9 in January, and very interested in video/computer games, tv, playing the drumbs, trains, lots of kids stuff but having a hard time getting him wanting to go senging.

I saved a nice hollow out back until late in the year (late Sept) when the weather was nice tried to get him to go but had no luck.

I ended up hunting it myself and left a bunch of nice lil 3 prongs in there just in case I can talk him into going next year.

He does go down the hill off the back yard with me occasionally and look over a small patch I have growing there.

One evening he was picking out the little 2 prongs and 3 prongs and then I walked on over to my seed producing bed and he finally came over that direction and there was a small hickory sprout there (you know they look somewhat similar to seng) and my son shouted out Dad did you see this BIG ONE !

:-)

I keep telling him that all this genseng seed I am planting that someday he will be digging it. Perhaps next spring when I have several thousand 3 leafers up in my newly plantes seng beds he will get a bit more interested in it.

PS - Billy - as usual great video. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun hunting together. It is great to have friends you can share something like that with.

Keep em comming !

TNhunter

Re:Video Part 1 Series 2010 Ginseng Season with Billy !!! Part 4 is up !!! 13 years 5 months ago #7950

I hear ya TNhunter, I hate to sound like my father but..... Back in my day we didn't have all that mess that kept us kids in the house and we were better off for it. Maybe they will come around eventually

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Who's Online

We have 330 guests and no members online

Login