2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How did your planting go?

How did your planting go? 15 years 3 months ago #1040

I put in about seven pounds this fall but, it got dry here after that. It may have gotten too dry. I hope the seed will be up in the spring. I still have about a pound to go but when it got dry, I held off. Plenty too cold now but, if we get another thaw, I might sneak it in. It is plenty wet now. Later

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 3 months ago #1042

Thats alot of seed hope it does well for you! All I did was buried the seed off the plants that I found this year. Seemed like a good year for the big ole 4 prongers with lots of seed.

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 3 months ago #1048

i planted one once and 13 3 year old roots close to my wild patch. I have always planted my seeds from my patches and have always had good success, but this is the first year i have actually ordered seeds from someone else i am eager to see the outcome. Also huntndig i hope u didn't mean u brought home those seeds and planted them i hope u planted them close to the plant they come off. I don't mean to be skeptical but i know of guys around here that take a ziploc baggy with them when they go digging and bring home all the berries they find and put in there patch at home. They don't realize they are killing themself.

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 3 months ago #1055

Hillbilly, I always leave the seeds where I dug up the ole Mamma plant.I dig on family property so they are all at home.I have not ever bought any seed to plant here alittle worried about mixing a differant kind of plant near these wild plants.Not sure if I want to mess with Mother Natures wild plants here at home.Have around 300 acers to hunt on so I might some day try some other seed. Any thoughts om getting plants mixed in the wild???

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 3 months ago #1066

dieselrider,hope you and yours had a merry Christmas and will have a happy new year God willing...Iread on one of your post you could get good germanating seed for less than a hundred dollars a pound.Is there any differance in the wild and tame seed except the way they are grown?I am going to continue to plant no matter the price of dried root. I took your advice and planted cohosh roots in some of the places I want to plant sang the cohosh is free. I guess if price is down on root maybe price is down on seed.I was also telling someone that price was high on fur in sw va. but that was way wrong Sorry for the mistake. You were sayiny its to cold to plant?Iwas told you could plant til feb in va. Thanks for all the help andgood luck with your crop...

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 2 months ago #1083

Has anyone else planted bought seed around there wild plants and what if anything have you noticed about the routes/plants. Any diseases, die offs, quality, etc.?

I did plant some seed around wild plants not thinking there may be a problem. Most of what I planted was in likely areas to see what would happen. Now from some of the comments I'm worried I may have POed mother nature, or did I?

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 2 months ago #1084

Has anyone else planted bought seed around there wild plants and what if anything have you noticed about the routes/plants. Any diseases, die offs, quality, etc.?

I did plant some seed around wild plants not thinking there may be a problem. Most of what I planted was in likely areas to see what would happen. Now from some of the comments I'm worried I may have POed mother nature, or did I?

Re:How did your planting go? 15 years 2 months ago #1085

Maya i don't have an answer to your question, since this was the first year i planted bought seed next to my patch. I was hoping to get a better seed maybe in years to come, when they cross pollinate. I really don't know though only time will tell. I am going to keep an eye on all the new plants that come up closely to remove any diseased plants that may come up. but the seeds and roots that i planted looked really good and healthy. So there shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful when planting and don't plant to close.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 96 guests and no members online

Login