* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time to say hello and introduce myself

Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12165

Good morning folks,
It seems like the board is real active right now and everyone is excited about the starting of the season. So am I. My name is Hugh Hartsell and I'm from Morristown, Tn. and I've been observing the board for at least two years. I've been involved in growing ginseng for a few years and I have a few friends scattered around East Tn. that are old veterans. Like Billy says, \"It's addictive.\" Most of my outings are for trout fishing, but it takes me into many of the same places that ginseng grows. When I'm out guiding I always have my eye out for possible ginseng plants. I hope to run into some of you sometime and I hope you all have a great season.
Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12166

welcome aboard..

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12170

Welcome to the forum Hugh.

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12172

Welcome Hugh, always good to hear from a fellow Tennessean.

Hillhopper

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12173

Welcome to this forum Hugh, I haven't had a chance to meet you in person, but my good buddy Phil Snapp has fished with you a time or two, and I truly enjoy reading your website and the post you make over on little river outfitters forum. my name on there is Rodonthefly.

I do some guideing down on the Clinch, to make a little extra money. You should have some good areas up there around the Holston to do some good diggin'. Anyways welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll learn alot here. Good luck this year digging and be safe. Maybe we could get together and go sometime.

Rodney Jennings

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12710

Welcome to the forum! What website do you have?

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12711

Fellows, Thanks for the welcome from all of you. I am really enjoying the site and the many post from people in Ginseng growing areas.

Whitjr:
My website is smokymountain flyguide.com and it is a trout fishing guide service. It is somewhat different work than growing ginseng, but it takes me into the same places that this herb is found growing. If you happen to go on the website and to the Reports page you may accidently see a stalk of ginseng growing in the back ground of some of the pictures that I have taken of clients fighting a nice trout.You may see me out some day with a flyrod in one hand and a screwdriver attached to a waist belt to take advantage of either offering. Have a good day and good luck out hunting or growing the \"jewel of the mountains\". smokymountainflyguide.com/
Hugh

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12720

Mr. Hartsell,

First of all, as a site owner and administrator, I would like to welcome you and love to have you as an active member.

After reading your post, first thing came across my mind was to link your site from oursite. We are always looking for valuable & informative websites that our visitors can learn & enjoy and I certainly think your site is one of them. Linking back is your choice, just letting you know ;)

Same goes to everyone, if you know good informative outdoor websites, please let us know by email with description. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks and enjoy the season folks!

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 6 months ago #12859

Welcome.....:)

Re:Time to say hello and introduce myself 12 years 5 months ago #14171

Hello Mr. Hartsell.
From one fly fisherman/sang hunter to another!
I've enjoyed your website many times. I've looked closely at many of your ties, and enjoy looking at your skills at the vice.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 668 guests and no members online

Login