2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Root transplant question please help?

Root transplant question please help? 12 years 6 months ago #13519

Does anyone know if you are going to transplant a root how long you have before you have to get it back in the ground?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Root transplant question please help? 12 years 6 months ago #13522

roygilliam wrote:

Does anyone know if you are going to transplant a root how long you have before you have to get it back in the ground?

If the roots are kept in cool moist soil and from drying out, I'd say weeks maybe months but unprotected get them in the ground as soon as possible. TNhunter and Billy could give you more precise details.

Hope this helps, rootman

Re:Root transplant question please help? 12 years 6 months ago #13533

Good advice Rootman,
We kept some last year in a plastic Kroger bag packed in forest soil with a layer of leaf litter on top. We had ran out of time that day when transplanting. My buddy waited 2 months to transplant (Which I was hoping would have only been a few days) as he was busy. I told him to leave the bag open so they wouldn't rot and to store them in the basement. He added 1/4 cup of water every 7 to 10 days. He was careful not to over do it on the water. He eventually transplanted them last Nov. The growth buds actual got 10% bigger while in the bag and they came up fine this spring.
Latt

Re:Root transplant question please help? 12 years 6 months ago #13535

i dug some about a week ago and had started to dry them when i decided i want to transplant them could i go ahead and do it or do you think they wont come up?

Re:Root transplant question please help? 12 years 6 months ago #13551

If they have been drying for a few days or more I'd be doubtful about their chances.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 703 guests and no members online

Login