Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: markets for other plants

markets for other plants 14 years 9 months ago #1426

• aj
  • aj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have been growning ginseng for a while but was wondering about other plants, such as goldenseal and cohosh. What would a pound of these plants be worth, where can I sell them at? Any info would be a great help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 9 months ago #1427

I talked to a buyer in Missouri the other day and he is paying 18 a pound for goldenseal and 2.75 for black cohosh. I dont really think it is worth digging cohosh,but I guess the goldenseal isnt bad.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 8 months ago #1428

Just remember that that $18.00 a pound for goldenseal is a dry pound. It takes aprox. 4 wet pounds to make a dry pound. so, it's about $4.00 a pound and it's hard to dig. I have a frind that spent 4 hours digging goldenseal the other day and he ended up with about 4.5 pounds.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 8 months ago #1504

This is a pic of alittle yellowroot I dug last year just thought I would share a photo.Might help some of you to know what the root looks like. Huntndig
Attachments:

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 7 months ago #1505

yellowroot to me is worth the time to dig, for one reason when u do find it, it is usually in really big patches and you can dig a lot in one patch. Last year i found two patches that i dug and i got three and a half pounds dry out of it.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 7 months ago #1514

• Randy
  • Randy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Billy, How long did it take you to dig the yellow root.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 7 months ago #1516

it didn't take to long i believe it took about an hour and a half. I have a little mattock that i use and i usually just take one good whack behind the plant and the root usually just comes right up. To some people digging yellowroot may not be worth it but i just love to dig herbs and the payoff is just a little extra.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 7 months ago #1521

That looks like a lot of yellow root. nice. do you remember how many pounds you had there? just in the picture there, I mean. I dug 20 pounds one day last year and it didn't look like anywhere near what you have there. it took me about 8 hours to dig 20 pounds. I must be slow, i guess. I dug with a shovel.

Re:markets for other plants 14 years 7 months ago #1656

jchrisfos I can't tell you what that dried down to because I just bagged it up with more after it dried. My guess would be 3 lbs after that dried. I sold 11 lb last year and can't tell you how long it took to dig it either. All I can say is alot of trips to the woods. Sometimes when I am digging seng I stop and dig alittle yellowroot. All in a days fun not for the money I just love to be in the woods.

Re:markets for other plants 13 years 10 months ago #3566

• mike triplett
  • mike triplett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
when r u allowed to dig yellow root in ohio

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 155 guests and no members online