2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: hey i'm new to hunting genseng

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1847

Jeff,
Go online and study pics of ginseng. Overload your brain with the image. Then go out and look. It will pop out at you. There is nothing else in the entire woods that looks exactly like ginseng.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1848

i see that weed around alot when im finding sang dont know what its called but if you find that weed and some ferns look close because they should be some sang around not always but most of the time its there good luck and print you a copy of what sang looks like and carry with you when you hunt i started out a old timer i went hunting with found the first stalk of sang and he would give it to me and then i would carry it around till i found 1 on my own youll get it just keep looking the harder you work it seems like the more you will find p,s if it looks snakey then that is where it will most likely haha
Attachments:

Re:Wild ginseng hunting story 14 years 7 months ago #1852

• Jean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hi, Dear friend,

I am interisting to collect your story and pictorys in the forest . any body can help?

Thank you.

Re:Wild ginseng hunting story 14 years 7 months ago #1864

has anyone ever hunted dwarf ginseng i had seen it on a site and today when i was out i looked for it but never seen anything of that nature .where do you find it and dose it grew in the same place that wild grows? on the site i seen root looked the same and dose buyers pay more for it if you know anything about this i would love to here all about it thanks

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1866

What weed do you see alont when you find seng???

coondog wrote:

i see that weed around alot when im finding sang dont know what its called but if you find that weed and some ferns look close because they should be some sang around not always but most of the time its there good luck and print you a copy of what sang looks like and carry with you when you hunt i started out a old timer i went hunting with found the first stalk of sang and he would give it to me and then i would carry it around till i found 1 on my own youll get it just keep looking the harder you work it seems like the more you will find p,s if it looks snakey then that is where it will most likely haha

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1874

the pic you had on here wed i dont know what it is called but i see alot of it i look for ferns , poplar trees and dark hollers it dosent have to be sraight up just good canopy cover ,i find alot around beech trees because they are so big that they give plenty of shade the main thing is to keep hunting and you will see where to look good luck p,s look around the old rotten trees are real good thats on the ground the birds tend to set on those old rooten limbs and crap the berrys out anyway good luck hunting

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1889

• jeff cochran
  • jeff cochran's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i had someone to show me some seng today and soon as get achance i am gona try agin i hope to tomorrow if i have any luck i will post some pic up

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 6 months ago #2474

• BigT
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Last year was my first year seng hunting and everytime I closed my eyes I would picture seng. I feel in love with finding it. But I haven't went this year yet. My best friend turned me on to hunting seng and the second time out we was walking back to the car and I walked past a plant that came up to my waist, and I'm 6'3\" but he saw the plant and dug up a root that was half a pound. I know my loss but everybody has a seng hunting friend they go with or knows a guy or girl that can walk in the woods and come out with a pound or more everytime, it makes me sick sometimes LOL. But this guy can spot seng 50 yards away in woods like a jungle. I personally have found some of my biggest patches under or near pine trees or vines. So my first day is in the mourning, wish me luck.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 549 guests and no members online

Login