* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spam not being dealt with!

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16725

Classicfur

The admin. has to set up a new format for joining. In most cases have to change forum format to cut down on spammers... if not it will be lights out! Being a mod. is a thankless job and the admin. has to support you folks. If not pull the plug and start your own forum.. Hope you guys can work this out this forum is a top notch learning tool!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16726

looks like people are getting sick of the spam and the owner of the site is doing little to stop the spam.we talk about getting 400-500 a pound and they are trying to sell ky ginseng for 2200 a pound. so who is it that is doing the mark up?looks like the big price jump happens rite here with wildgrown and mike lee

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16728

trahn

Thanks for your advice. Too bad Admin does not read the posts.

Bit, Your welcome.

Thanks, classicfur

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16735

Dear wildgrown.com members!

This is Mike Lee, owner and the site administrator of this wildgrown.com

I sincerely apologize about what happened to this site. The spammers have been blocked and I have deleted most of the spam posts already.

Since January 20th, I have been out of the states for business trip to China and Korea. I am currently in Korea at this time and coming back to US this coming Wednesday, 14th.

Once again, we sincerely apologize about not taking care of the spammers in timely manner and thank you for your concerns and loving this site. We will do our best keep this site as clean as possible and also providing a site that benefitial to everyone. Thank you!

-Mike Lee

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16750

trahn007 wrote:

Classicfur

The admin. has to set up a new format for joining. In most cases have to change forum format to cut down on spammers... if not it will be lights out! Being a mod. is a thankless job and the admin. has to support you folks. If not pull the plug and start your own forum.. Hope you guys can work this out this forum is a top notch learning tool!!

Mike Lee, thanks for the apology and dealing with some of the spam.

Blocking spammers is not going to cut down on the spam. They can change their sign on and change computers.

I just deleted 7 spam posts this morning when I first got on the forum. And will likely delete another 3 or 4 through out the day.

You take tran007 advice and the same Way that Billy uses on his website and change the format so users must be approved before posting.

More than 50% of the posts on here each day are SPAM! That's WAAAAY TOO MUCH!

Blocking spammers is not a very good solution to the problem.

You need to fix this problem ASAP!

classicfur

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16759

I also want to thank you moderators for attending to the problems. This site is a great one, with lots of great folks participating. I would hate to see it get \"less\" in that regard.

Again, many many thanks for the work that you do!

Re:Spam not being dealt with! 12 years 2 months ago #16769

Whitjr

Your Welcome!

And your right about this being a great ginseng site.

Thanks,

classicfur

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and no members online

Login