2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift!

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 9 months ago #18527

Kyjabber, you ask why more people dont tell they grow ginseng, its to keep it safe from poachers. Also, I am sure you are right about people mixing wild with woodsgrown but is the wild ginseng really wild anyway? People have been buying seeds and planting them in there favorite ginseng spots for years. Im sure everyone has dug some of this ginseng at some point and not even really know it wasnt wild.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18692

Welcome to the forum, Midwestshanger.

Dr GinSing- These tops you are interested in getting from growers.. do you export these overseas? Do you sell to soft drink makers like \"Gensing Up\" cola?

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18733

DrGinSeng.....Do you also buy the tops if they have turned colors?
Curious cause that's usually the majority of leaves I use for tea.

Thanks for the welcome Whitjr...
Seems like a great group of guys/gals here.
No shortage of valuable information; it's my go to source for ginseng.

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18735

I hate to waste anything nature offers us. Yes, I will buy them, yellow or green color. Its has been so dry this season I see more yellow than green probably coming.

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18743

Fellows,
I want to be sure that I'm getting this straight. I have a wild simulated patch here in Tennessee and I would like to sell the tops. According to Tennessee laws, I would have to wait until Sept. 1st and after harvesting the tops I would have to have them certified by a licensed dealer before I could ship them to Dr. Ginseng??? Am I off track or is this correct?
Hugh

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18751

Hugh,

I'm a dealer in Ky. but all our papers are for roots fresh or dried. I'm pretty sure there is nothing illegal about sending your leaves anywhere after Sept. 1st.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

rootman

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18753

Im not a dealer, but that is what I thought too rootman. If theres no certification for the tops, I guess you could have some from last year and send them anytime?

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18757

This is one of the statements from Tennessee's official website about ginseng that has caused red flags to come up about shipping any thing out of the state:

\"In order to buy wild or cultivated ginseng for resale, or transport wild or cultivated ginseng across a state line, a ginseng Dealer Permit must be obtained from the Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Natural Areas.\"
I'm not sure if this refers to all parts of the plant or just the roots. It sure would be nice to know about all aspects of sales.
Hugh

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18758

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
If Kyjabber gets a chance to see this thread and the question at hand concerning the tops she will no the right answer

Billy

Re:Buy wild ginseng tops and save nature's gift! 11 years 8 months ago #18761

Hugh,
I always top all my plants in the fall to keep thieves from digging them. And they will dig every two prong and large seedling they find.So topping does not hurt the seng as you already know, the root buds are set for next year. This is extra money to buy more seed with and also protect your investment.

As I said before, I don't think the ginseng laws are pertaining to leaves since they die down anyway and does not affect the ginseng population.

rootman

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 495 guests and no members online

Login