2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: no dig in my area..

no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18867

men , prices should go up .there wont be any dug from here in my area..it started turning yellow the third week of july and its all gone now..been to 5 diffrent woods in 60 mile radius of my house.I've yet to see a green plant..all are dryed up ..I'll try and get a pic. posted ....we are 15.58 inches below on normal rain fall ,and with all those days the temp. got over 100 degrees .its no wonder it dryed up..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18871

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain sory to hear that you all may not get a dig this season I know that you love to dig as much as I do & if you do not get to dig I want you know that you are always welcome to come and spend a weekend with me and get a little help from that addiction that hits us every season around this time :)

In my area of Ky: and surrounding me here in Va: & Tn: we will all have a decent season as I have been out and scouted my area and have got reports also from friends that I dig with that are near by me in the surrounding States.Im not sure how that it will go on the other end of Tn: and Va: as last season our good friend Tnhunter didnt hardly have a season at all but around me in Tn: & Va: the guys did just fine.

However our season will not be as long as normal because the drought did damage seng on the ridges/the hot spots if you will so that seng will fall quicker than normal but the hollers and dark spots are fine we got rain just in time to keep that from being a total bad harvest season and it has rained good since then.

I do believe that the season will be shorter than normal in most all of our States even in my own State just by the color and berry phase at this time and that should help the overall price of the Ginseng this season for those that hold on to the dry untill late.

Good to chat with you this season my Old Friend,

Billy.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18873

Chief, sorry to hear that conditions have been that bad for you this year. My area is pretty much like Billy described in his post. Some have gone down already, but mainly on the ridges and drier areas. Berry production is definately going to be down this year though. Hopefully next year will be better for you and after last years short season and no digging this fall, you should have a bumper crop next year.
If you kept some over from last year prices may get to your liking by late fall :)
Stop back in and chat with us some this fall.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18876

Chieftian- that's gotta be a bummer, with no harvest. Let's trust that next year will be better!

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18893

chief, sounds like you had the same weather we had here in Missouri. Hot and dry. Most of our sang has been gone a good while too.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18903

thanks for the invite Billy, and thanks for the kind words from the rest of you...i went and scout two more woods today .low ground ,thought it might have held more moisture,but again nothing but dead whithered plants...first year i can remember that i wont be able to dig...

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18904

Sorry to hear that chieftain, I'm afraid its gonna be the same here as well though. I haven't checked yet but, I was hoping some of the deepest hollars in my area may still be holding a few but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hillhopper

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18917

i wish you luck Hopper.worst i've ever seen it here...

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18919

Chieftain,
It really is bad out there in a lot of areas. Sounds like yours included. I'm just praying that roots aren't dying in the ground.

Great hopes for next year!

k

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18938

Oh that stinks Chieftain. How widespred do you think this is? County, state, states?

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 151 guests and no members online

Login