2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: no dig in my area..

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18972

Manroot , very nice looking tops. Do you have any pics of the root of the 3 stem plant?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18973

Billy wrote:

As God lives Brother I would trade any bounty that this drought may bring for all of you who will not get to dig because of it to be able to dig 10 times over I am serious when I say it sadens me for it to be that way for you Chief because I know how that would bother me.This is something that we love and its value to me and you is far above the price we bring for it and I know that is how your heart is as well.

Chieftain wrote:

Billy our bad luck,may be your bounty,with alot less sang being available prices may go through the roof,,,still a great demand,,,and a shortage on supply may drive the price way up,,best of luck to you this year my friend ..

I couldn't agree more Billy, I had very short seasons in 2009 and 2010, but there were still some to dig when season came in. I can't imagine what it would be like for them all to be dried up this early in the year. I'm sure that the majority of the roots will be fine and send up tops next spring. I know of a patch of plants that go down by the end of July or the first part of August in all but the wettest of years. There are about 20 of them and I've not seen them past the middle of August since 2008. I dont know how they have got to that number, because they seldom produce any berries at all. These plants are pretty resiliant and I know that there will be bountiful harvests in years to come, but my heart still goes out to you guys.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18981

there is no changing the weather,,it has happened,i will just have to get over the heartache and find something else to do this fall ...with the drought,the prospects of crappie fishing doesn't look good either ,unless we get a lot of rain .rivers and lakes are about dried up,may concentrate on my bowhunting harder..or just keep working longer hours at my job..hope you all have a great season.you all are the keepers of the ginseng and the ginseng couldnt have a better steward than all of you..I will still by a license and will make a couple trips to the woods but I see no hope for this season here..our season is still a couple weeks away..Billy if the tables were turned you know my heart would go out to you same as yours has to me and I thank you..I remember not long ago you were down in the back and couldn't go.I know it was killing you not to be able it get out in those hills ..when I got on here and read that you had got out for the first time in along while.it was the greatest news I had all that season,

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18988

Cheif....I hate to hear your season is over before it started. I really enjoy checking in day to day during the season to see those jewels you usually find, it will be a bit different this year if your not posting pictures of your bounty, I find it energizing to see others daily finds and yours are definitely some dandys!!! The seng in my area (North middle TN) has suffered this year as well. I hope to get a few good hunts in, but I do not expect a great year. Lets just hope for a better year next year. Hope to hear from you around here some this year.;)

SengNveins

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18989

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks Cheif it is good to know that our friendship is sutch that when one has a bad deal the other wishes them the best I know that the good Lord approves of this attitude in life and he is proud no doubght.

Billy.

Chieftain wrote:

there is no changing the weather,,it has happened,i will just have to get over the heartache and find something else to do this fall ...with the drought,the prospects of crappie fishing doesn't look good either ,unless we get a lot of rain .rivers and lakes are about dried up,may concentrate on my bowhunting harder..or just keep working longer hours at my job..hope you all have a great season.you all are the keepers of the ginseng and the ginseng couldnt have a better steward than all of you..I will still by a license and will make a couple trips to the woods but I see no hope for this season here..our season is still a couple weeks away..Billy if the tables were turned you know my heart would go out to you same as yours has to me and I thank you..I remember not long ago you were down in the back and couldn't go.I know it was killing you not to be able it get out in those hills ..when I got on here and read that you had got out for the first time in along while.it was the greatest news I had all that season,

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18991

billy your a good man.wish we were not separated by the distance that we are ,your a buyer that i can trust and i would sell to you every time.i suggest that anyone near you ,to talk to you first before they sell,cause you will give them the truth...good or bad..SengNveins you make sure you post pic.s ..that will keep me energized ..hope i see good big 4 prongers with 3 ounce roots .hope you have good luck this year..billy about forgot..hows that boy of yours..he killing anymore bucks...hope you and him have the '!!! ThE SeNg FaCtOr !!'working this year..

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 7 months ago #19012

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Chief that boy is a deer hunting fanatic to say the least I bought him a P.S.E. Bowmadness set it on 50 lb and helped him fine tune it he has been practising every day and is dead on at 10 to 20 yards to the point of busting arrows now it will be his first bow hunting year so I am certianly hoping for the best for him if he can hold on unto the release once the deer is there will be the key well with bow hunting I guess that is the key for all I reckon :) I missed my 1st bow shot but got the 2nd I hope it is the other way around for Caleb except I hope he hits them both lol...

Billy.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 7 months ago #19016

Billy I'm new but have been following your posts for quite some time now. I am originally from Harlan but moved to Sevierville. I am currently scouting. First time since 94. I want to sell to you. I will be digging slot of 4 to 5 prong sept 1at. I want to sell dry. When will I be in Claiborne Co. to buy and what are the dates you will begin to buy dry.
Thanks

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 7 months ago #19026

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
harlanboyntn welcome abord

I will begin to buy dry Sep: 15th in both Ky: and Tn:

Send me a e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Billy.

harlanboyntn wrote:

Billy I'm new but have been following your posts for quite some time now. I am originally from Harlan but moved to Sevierville. I am currently scouting. First time since 94. I want to sell to you. I will be digging slot of 4 to 5 prong sept 1at. I want to sell dry. When will I be in Claiborne Co. to buy and what are the dates you will begin to buy dry.
Thanks

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 7 months ago #19053

5prong wrote:

Manroot , very nice looking tops. Do you have any pics of the root of the 3 stem plant?

sorry no I don't have any pics of it.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 170 guests and no members online

Login