2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deer Hunting '13

Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #25336

Any of you guys out there yet? I've been a couple of times, it's bow season here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #25339

I have some bow hunters who have been hunting on my property, but I'm not out yet. I don't have a permit, but as a land owner I can take a deer during firearm season on my own land, which I intend to do. That's not for another month though.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #25361

Been twice ain't seen nothing.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #25365

I have been out twice to bow hunt and Ginseng hunt. Had the Sow Bear and her two cubs come in on me on the 28th of September. After they left, I moved on up the mountain but because I was making a lot of noise to avoid another Bear encounter, I spooked a Deer. Although I never saw it, I would bet that it was the big Buck I am after as the Deer had a deep agressive sounding alarm blow. Saw a lot of sign that day as well from Deer, Bear, Turkey and even some Wild Hogs. I still haven't figured the best way into this area without alerting the Deer but I am working on it. Last year, they moved out of this area about a week and a half into muzzleloader season probably due to the severe cold spell and snow, Bear hunters and their' dogs and possibly because a certain person (not me) was planting Ginseng in this area and had his' dog with him. I never did find out where they went but I hope to figure it out this year before or soon after it happens again! The problem is that it is a very big mountain with probably a thousand foot or more rise in elevation from it's lowest areas to the top and on the side I found them on last year, it is probably a two mile hike to the top from my' truck.

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26045

Going this weekend... Hope to get one!

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26048

Good luck Whit, Make sure you turn your phone off. Inside joke. lol
Latt

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26053

I bet that little mistake has spooked several in the woods by now

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26056

I got my' back adjusted on Wednesday and it is doing a lot better and was thinking about going out next week for the Muzzleloader Season for Deer in the South Cherokee National Forest. Although there is no season for Wild & Feral Hogs, you can take as many as you want during the Deer and Bear Seasons for Muzzleloader and Rifle. My' right leg is still mostly numb and weak, so I was only planning to walk about 100 yards from my' truck to watch a spot I saw 14 Wild Hogs crossing a creek some 5 or 6 years ago. I am trying to get my friend, the retired Chiropractor, to go with me which would be a plus in getting any downed game out and if an emergency back adjustment is needed.:S Don't laugh, he has actually done them before on Elk Hunts out West!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26062

I am taking Cole (my 11 year old) hunting tomorrow (this weekend is Juvenile season).

A special youngesters only hunt.

It's going to be nice and crisp out there.

TNhunter

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26067

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
TNhunter wrote:

I am taking Cole (my 11 year old) hunting tomorrow (this weekend is Juvenile season).

A special youngesters only hunt.

It's going to be nice and crisp out there.

TNhunter

hope he kills:woohoo: state record.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 629 guests and no members online

Login